Research help needed - Siam Split

Again, as mentioned before I do have plans for a Siam Split in the works. I've finally settled the details for the initial Sukhothai/Ayutthaya split; and am moving forwards with art. But in any case, my approach to the civs were as follows:

Sukhothai under Ramkhamhaeng now has a WLTKD + Science focused UA; the WLTKD part more accurately reflects the concept of "Father Governs Children", and the Science part shows us the thing he truly is famous for in Thailand: Inventing the Thai Alphabet (according to popular history anyways). I've had trouble coming up with a UU for Ramkhamhaeng as well; the best I could come up with being a Krabi Swordsman, which feels to me as ridiculous as a Shaolin Monk for China; so I've stuck with a Wat UB and Sala UI combo.

I have Ayutthaya under Naresuan, although the civ reflects the Kingdom of Ayutthaya overall as opposed to Naresuans reign (in fact the design would work better under Narai, but Naresuan's cooler). Siam's current UA goes here, with a small buff. The UB is a Floating Market (replacing the Harbor) and the UU is the Chang Suek (renamed Naresuan's Elephant). Essentially a CS Overlord and Trade civ.

Haven't figured out Siam/Thailand yet, but I can say it'll be under Chulalongkorn.

@Natan's design -- "Sangkalok" is the proper Thai name for Chinese-styled ceramics made by Sukhothai.

I think Sala (ศาลา) may be better suited as a UI as Established/Patronized Wat can be found in capital cities. If Sala would be an UI then should be unlock somewhere around Theology and have less yield but maybe increase with Education and other tech. I imagine it could be build on or near a road. You made a good design BTW.

@Uighur_Caesar's design -- I like that. Maybe modify UA a bit.... I imagine it would yield Golden Age point or Great works of writing (because the epic about his duel can be found in high school's compulsory literature) I really like Jaturungkabart and Mounted unit synergy.

@sukritact -- Agree with your outline of Ramkhamhaeng and UU. I would prefer to have two Ayutthaya civ : Naresuan focus on military (as in Uighur_Caesar) and Narai focus on trade and culture. If I have to choose one it would be Naresuan nonetheless (because he's cool)

I would like to see Siam/Thailand under Mongkut actually. But they're both a great king, if you ask me.

As for Sukhotai without a clear UU idea, would any of these work?

Because having something like the multishot bowman or the fire lantern would be nice.

Though the Chu Ko Nu is not nice, it is meh.

Anyway I like how they made it clear that Helicopters weren't available back then.

Hmmm... Well,

UI: Sala
Unlcoked at civil service. May only be built on roads, Never adjacent to each other or on remove-able terrain. While not having any yields by itself, it grants +1 :c5faith: faith per each religious buildings and +1 :c5science: science per each scientific building present in the city working it. With CCCHP, it also grants +1 :c5culture: culture per each government building present in the city.

It would make as much sense as Fire La... nevermind.

BTW, It never great effect in any point of Siamese history, Thanoo is Thai word for Bow and/or Arrow, Gouthun and any variation is old-fashioned word for arrow and Nah Mhai is Thai word for Crossbow. Having any of those would like having "[noun/adjective] archer/composite bowman/crossbowman as Sukhothai UU, and Siamese didn't renowned from "[noun/adjective] archery".

Also, Bung-fire is nowaday used in cultural ceremony that not involve shooting it at each other.

@Natan - That's pretty much what I imagine it, Not really sure if they're etiher underpowered or overpowered. I would love to see if it were buildable in adjacent tile of the road and does not forest/jungle. It is personal taste now and your design is pretty great as it is.

How about this for Ayutthaya?

I really like that idea, so thats going on the main post as a possible for now. However, would need help on how to code it.

Again, as mentioned before I do have plans for a Siam Split in the works. I've finally settled the details for the initial Sukhothai/Ayutthaya split; and am moving forwards with art. But in any case, my approach to the civs were as follows:

Sukhothai under Ramkhamhaeng now has a WLTKD + Science focused UA; the WLTKD part more accurately reflects the concept of "Father Governs Children", and the Science part shows us the thing he truly is famous for in Thailand: Inventing the Thai Alphabet (according to popular history anyways). I've had trouble coming up with a UU for Ramkhamhaeng as well; the best I could come up with being a Krabi Swordsman, which feels to me as ridiculous as a Shaolin Monk for China; so I've stuck with a Wat UB and Sala UI combo.

I have Ayutthaya under Naresuan, although the civ reflects the Kingdom of Ayutthaya overall as opposed to Naresuans reign (in fact the design would work better under Narai, but Naresuan's cooler). Siam's current UA goes here, with a small buff. The UB is a Floating Market (replacing the Harbor) and the UU is the Chang Suek (renamed Naresuan's Elephant). Essentially a CS Overlord and Trade civ.

Haven't figured out Siam/Thailand yet, but I can say it'll be under Chulalongkorn.

You're doing a Siam split? hmm. To be honest i was doing it simply because there weren't others. And it'll be hard not to make one thats so similar to yours, that i may scrap this and put all my focus back on Bulgaria and the other single Civs i have planned.

Top Bottom