I just published a novel about WWII set in Germany Oct. 1944

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Cogan

Chieftain
I respect this forum for the large historical knowledge among its participants, and wanted to share information about the new novel I just wrote. The main character is a German girl in 1944 and it goes in depth into many political issues of the times.

You can find it on Amazon under Ron Cogan, title "Idee Vixe". I am not posting a link because I am wary of anti-advertizing forum policies. Here is the back cover text below. I can also email a pdf version if anyone contacts me.

-------------
During the Second World War, an American officer named Karl finds himself behind German front lines in Baden. There, he happens to meet Vixey, a German brunette legitimately vexed by enemy soldiers in her country. A girl of refinement and sensibility, she is a disciple of Chanel with a lot of fashion ideas and is connected to the highest levels of the German Reich. The situation is further complicated by a hazardous encounter with members of the powerful and enigmatic Russian Liberation Movement, who show Karl that the political situation in Europe in 1944 is much more complex and uncertain than he thinks.

The activities of this movement, as well as the extent of the Soviet role in the war's origins, have never entered the mainstream perception of the history of the war, nor have they been discussed in the context of a novel. Some of the information comes from declassified archives, and thus has been entirely absent from history for decades.

The historical theme is mirrored by an abstract, metaphysical plot-theme that leads to conflicts and emotional entanglements. The style in Idée Vixe is reminiscent of many classical precedents, ranging from the wild psychology of Gogol to the eccentric metafiction of Nabokov. The attention to æsthetic detail resembles that of Flaubert and the work abounds in direct philosophic and literary references.

Despite no actual link, the anti-advertising rules here forbid you to post your story description here, as interesting as it is. I went to amazon to check it out and I can tell you just copied verbatim from your amazon book description.

Finally: This is prejudiced of me (especially as a writer myself) but it's hard to take someone that hasn't been published by an actual publishing company seriously. Sorry, anyone can self-publish, there isn't that prestige.

I'm skeptical that an established author would post information on a forum if he/she already has the marketing resources of a real publisher. I thought that I would be in the company of other amateur writers if I describe my work here. My day job is in corporate banking and this is my first novel.

The moderator of this subforum is an established author. Plotinus, a ruling on this thread would be helpful.

Moderator Action: Sorry, threads that are just ads are against the rules. You're welcome to post here on other topics and include info on your book in your signature if you want.

Thread closed.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom