Confused about city state influence

AbramsGunner

Chieftain
City-State Influence: Cleaned up influence calculations when a City-State is killed, to ensure a future liberator will be the undisputed ally and receive the intended reward.

Ally influence is set to 45 (becomes Friends).
Friends influence is set to 15 (becomes Neutral).
Neutral influence is set to 0.
Negative influence remains as it was.
When liberated, the liberator's influence is set to 150 (becomes Ally).

My understanding from this patch note is that once I am at 15 influence with a city state that city state should be my friend. Same as with 45 influence resultng in that city state as my ally.

However, the influence is not working as such. I still need 30 city state influence for friends and 60 for ally.

I am playing at standard speed. I do have the new fall patch installed and pledge of protection results in the resting influence standing at 5.

Could someone let me know if I am misinterpreting the patch notes and the influence is WAD? If I am misreading the notes, can you explain please.

My understanding from this patch note is that once I am at 15 influence with a city state that city state should be my friend. Same as with 45 influence resultng in that city state as my ally.

However, the influence is not working as such. I still need 30 city state influence for friends and 60 for ally.

I am playing at standard speed. I do have the new fall patch installed and pledge of protection results in the resting influence standing at 5.

Could someone let me know if I am misinterpreting the patch notes and the influence is WAD? If I am misreading the notes, can you explain please.

This section of the patch notes is not referring to the influence needed to become friends/allies, it's about what happens to influence if a conquered city state is freed:

If you were allied before it was conquered, your influence becomes 45 and you become a friend
If you were a friend, your influence becomes 15 and you become neutral
If you were neutral, your influence becomes 0
If you are the person that freed them, your influence becomes 150 and you are allied

The patch notes could have been made a bit clearer.

This applies only when a CS is liberated. Prior to the patch, civs that had various influence levels with a CS before it was conquered were (more or less, taking into account influence decay) restored to their old influence position after the CS was liberated. So, if you were in a game with Alex and Rammy, who had 200+ influence with a CS at the time it was conquered, and you liberated that CS, you might find that Alex or Rammy was their new ally, not you.

The Patch tries to fix this by setting post-liberation influence at much lower levels, so the liberator is assured of becoming the liberated CS's ally. So, pre-conquer allies of the CS are set at 45 influence post-liberation (i.e., are merely friends), and pre-conquer friends are set at 15 influence post-liberation (still need 15 more influence to be friends again).

EDIT: Ninja'd. :goodjob:

Top Bottom