Military CS not giving UU's?

Montov

King
Military City States gives a special unit when you have the right tech researched. I believe it's always a unique unit of a civ who's not in the current game.

It's a nice addition of those CS, but in BNW I couldn't make it work. Is it buggy? Have others experienced this too?

It is working for me. Got a bunch of Keshiks which would be awesome if not for the fact that i was already running Infantry:(

I think it tells you want the UU is on the info panel for the CS. It works for me, got a load of Ballistas in one game. Rome were not in that game so that would tie-in with only UU from Civs not in the game.

I've got Berber Cavalries and Impis from my CS allies, so it definitely works. I'd still prefer having something else from them though.

As Wuddel said, as a friend you'll get a pike, not an Impi (for e.g.). Also, when you got better techs you'll also get for e.g. muskets or dunno, maybe a knight/trebuchet instead of an impi (similar with other UUs and a higher tech level).

I mean I'm not too fond of the UU gift system in the first place.

I got a pikeman when I was expecting a kris swordsman, but then I realized I have to be allied to get the UU but I was only friend to the CS

I always wondered something about military CS.

Say I'm friend with them, they should give units in 20 turns and I'm on 17th. I get ally with them which makes them give units at 17th. What happens?
Also what happens if it goes from ally to friend? The counter resets?

But meh. I never ally those. The AI will just buy it out anyways. AI always buys out militaristic CS and I don't feel like wasting my money like that unless they are close to me.

Top Bottom