Missing city (colony) names on very small maps

Grille

panel insect
This one may just be an issue if you wanted to make a chess-game mod or such, but...

For some testing purposes, I made a very, very, very tiny map, size: 26x26 :). I did not change anything in the editor except for the special size and the starting locations. Possibly, the observed probs even existed before C3C (never made such a tiny map before).

Now look at this, the city and colony names are missing:
:confused:

Here's a save:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/names.SAV
-mising names: plop city/colony as shown in the pic (also scroll the map a bit after plopping the colony on the dyes)

If the city is founded in the north of that island (e.g. hill w/ wine as city center square), the city name does show correctly. Note about the colony name: If the colony is just plopped down like shown in the pic, it actually may have a displayed name that vanishes if you scroll the map afterwards (eventually the colony name reappears by scrolling).
Pop ups concerning the city (e.g. production) will show up and mention the valid city name. Colony would count as connected, if there was actually a valid road connection.

Not sure if this bug is related to the special size in the first place or to having a city/colony too close to the poles (that would matter for every map size then?). I would appreciate any comment of posters loading the save file to confirm/deny (maybe my graphics chip messes some things up? because of the mentioned scrolling effect).

I noticed another failure on that map: if a go-to command for a unit is assigned, the go-to path possibly doesn't show correctly. The displayed path could cross either poles while the target tile occasionaly does not show the number of turns to get to it (sometimes turns are shown correctly, although the displayed path crosses a pole). Sometimes the unit will start to walk there w/o problems taking the shortest valid route; though it sometimes simply won't start to walk there (unit then waits for a 'proper' order).
This observation was just a side effect and I did not check the details. It looks like the path calculator *thinks* the shortest way to the target tile crosses a pole (which is in some instances not even 'theoretically' true). Again, the failure may be closely related to the rather tiny map size. Question is, what minimal map size is required to let the go-to path-display work correctly? First *guess*: map must be sized bigger than the white framed box in the mini map?

this was in PTW but the fixed it I guess it is back:mad:

Top Bottom