CTD when deleting civs

Gurra09

Emperor
Hello!

I've recently started on a new project of mine - creating a Anglo-Sikh wars scenario for my Sikh Empire civilisation (link in my signature). But now I'm running into a crash issue already in my pre-planning phase of the mod where the only thing that is being done is updating some TXT tags and deleting irrelevant civilisations.

I thought that since only two civs preliminarily will be in the scenario (Sikhs, and England updated to represent British India) it would be nice to delete all the other civs to clean things up a little (like the civilopedia and what not). So I looked at the Firaxis DLC scenarios where they do that, and copied their method from Conquest of the New World Deluxe where they deleted all instances of irrelevant civs and leaders present in Civilizations and Leaders xml files.

After having done that, I loaded up my scenario mod and set up a test game. Only British India and Sikh Empire were able to be chosen just as intended - but when I choose one and go to start the game it crashes during the dawn of man loading screen. (I tested both civs to be sure and there was no difference). This did not occur when I commented out the deleting of all other civs, so it must have something to do with the deletion of civs.

I have been trying to work this out for hours but I can't seem to get to the root of the problem despite trying different approaches and reading log files to the best of my knowledge. So I'm asking for help.

I'm not 100% sure about which log files are relevant but I attached Database.log and xml.log. If I should attach some other log, please tell me. Also attached is the mod itself in case someone wants to try replicating the error - if you do that you must also download my Sikh Empire civ because the scenario mod depends on the civ mod (this is for the future when the Sikh civ will be used in the scenario, link in the signature).

Attachments

• Anglo-Sikh Wars (v 1).zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Database.log.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 22
  • xml.log.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 19
The game requires a minimum number of civilizations or you will always get CTD. I think the magic number is either 6 or 7.

note: what Firaxis gets to do in their scenarios ~= to what mod-makers get to do. The Firaxis Scenarios are special-snowflake sandbox environments of their own.

Solution: Just update all of the unwanted civs to Playable = false and AIPlayable = false. They'll still show up in the civilopedia, but not the selection screen, and it won't crash. IIRC JFD's World According to Modders does this to "remove" unwanted civs.

Top Bottom