New Civil War Scenario Demo + Indonesian Gameplay (How's your Spanish?)

Where does it say that?

During the Trading/Diplo screen where they trade luxuries, Indonesia had 2 Sugars and one other luxury that I couldn't remember.

It was shown beforehand in the mini-map that Indonesia had settled on another landmass different form it's starting location.

Clicking the great work from the city screen to play the animation again is AWESOME!

I like Kris warrior. Indonesia really seems to be a weird, but also interesting Civ to play with.

During the Trading/Diplo screen where they trade luxuries, Indonesia had 2 Sugars and one other luxury that I couldn't remember.

It was shown beforehand in the mini-map that Indonesia had settled on another landmass different form it's starting location.

They had 1 Whales. It's possible that Indonesia had traded away their unique resource, either to Morocco already, or to some as yet unseen civ.

Mystic blade is indeed the initial upgrade for a kris warrior. Randomizes after the first battle.

So to get the achievement, you have to attack a city with a kris warrior who has previously battled. I imagine barracks and things will give conventional xp for conventional upgrades

Also he mentions Pueblos. I imagine its in the context of the Spanish word for town. It did come up in the context of discussing if he preferred Morocco or Portugal though, so it would be worth someone looking into that who happens to understand spanish :) Word is mentioned at 9:10 by the way

Its actually about the feitoria, the origin and what as it about, it is basically that the feitoria allowed 2 "pueblos" (peoples, nation) that didn't speak the same language and can't understand each other to trade.

They had 1 Whales. It's possible that Indonesia had traded away their unique resource, either to Morocco already, or to some as yet unseen civ.

Here's what I think is safe to speculate/assume. Since it was a Duel Size Map, there is likely only to be two continents. The mini-map clearly shows that Indonesia has settled on another continent thus giving them two unique resources, i.e the 2 Sugar.

Spoiler :

I mean sure it's just purely speculation, but it's some pretty decent circumstantial evidence.

This could most certainly be the case, but I would have prefered the resources to be as random as the Kris Swordsmen promotions. And less seriously, having a diplo screen that could potentially say "Sugar, Honey, Honey" is pretty cool.

Its actually about the feitoria, the origin and what as it about, it is basically that the feitoria allowed 2 "pueblos" (peoples, nation) that didn't speak the same language and can't understand each other to trade.

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification. My Spanish has rusted to the point where i sound like a sunken ship.

I didn't really have my hopes up for it, but it's a shame there's no more hope for the Pueblo's to be found here :(

But Sugar isn't "unique." I'm willing to bet that the unique resource has already been traded to Morocco - it's fairly obvious that they've been interacting with Indonesia for quite a few turns now.

Here's what I think is safe to speculate/assume. Since it was a Duel Size Map, there is likely only to be two continents. The mini-map clearly shows that Indonesia has settled on another continent thus giving them two unique resources, i.e the 2 Sugar.

Spoiler :

I mean sure it's just purely speculation, but it's some pretty decent circumstantial evidence.

This could most certainly be the case, but I would have prefered the resources to be as random as the Kris Swordsmen promotions. And less seriously, having a diplo screen that could potentially say "Sugar, Honey, Honey" is pretty cool.

No. Because around 09:33, we can see that Jakarta has 1 whales and 2 sugars. We can see that it is the same game by looking at the the minimap. So sugars ARE not the resources.

Maybe the unique resources simply cannot be traded in a diplo.

Btw, I registered just to post this. Lol.

Edit: Now that I looked more closely, it's only 1 sugar at Jakarta. But it still proves that sugar is not the 2 unique resources from the UA.
Edit2: Ok, I think it's 2 sugars but one tile has the plantation building cut off by the coast. Not really sure. My eyes could be playing tricks.

At 14.49, we see that the Berber Cavalry have to promotions with icons we don't currently know, and the Barbarian Musketman has one promotion (apparantly something to do with mountains - perhaps a hills equivalent to Woodsman?) that we also don't know currently.

So I guess now is as good as any time ever to burst forth from my lurking retirement to post here an obscure Civil War Scenario Demo with an additional Moroccan/Indonesian gameplay that I found lying around within the depths of YouTube.

Spanish language review for US Civil War and Morocco/Indonesia. Apart from the comments in it
1. Cathedral shows up as a Great Works Building
2. Write Political Treatise would generate +144 Culture
3. Create Great Work requires the Great Writer to be in or adjacent to one of your cities (same as for a Missionary).

But Sugar isn't "unique." I'm willing to bet that the unique resource has already been traded to Morocco - it's fairly obvious that they've been interacting with Indonesia for quite a few turns now.

It could be unique. Think about it. Does every single map in CiV have every single resource on it? It could simply mean unique to the map (hence the 2 Sugars).

You never know, but it's fun to speculate based on what we see here.

No changes to the Great Merchant's ability :sad:

Is that a new wonder just SE of the GM in Jakarta at 9:27? I don't recognize it.

At 14.49, we see that the Berber Cavalry have to promotions with icons we don't currently know, and the Barbarian Musketman has one promotion (apparantly something to do with mountains - perhaps a hills equivalent to Woodsman?) that we also don't know currently.

Oh cool, I hope they've added terrain promotions to barbs like in Communitas! (Barbs get extra movement on certain terrain types base on the camp they spawned at.) It's a fun little feature.:D

It could possibly even mean "unique" to their civilization. As far as it is on the map but not in their borders, hopefully this is not the case though

No changes to the Great Merchant's ability :sad:

Is that a new wonder just SE of the GM in Jakarta at 9:27? I don't recognize it.

It's most likely Brobroborododur

Those two promotion for the Berber Cav are most likely the ones for bonuses in desert and Moroccan lands.

It could possibly even mean "unique" to their civilization. As far as it is on the map but not in their borders, hopefully this is not the case though

I'd be thrilled if the UR's are random like the Kris Swordsmen.

Oh man, that reminds me of that "New civ linked to resource" thread a while back. So many stupid speculations for possible resources. I had to laugh every single time somebody shouted "MARSUPIALS ARE NOT A UNIQUE RESOURCE.....goddamnit guys...".

Does nobody read my post above where I explained why sugars are not the resources from the UA? Or is my post somehow invisible because I'm a new user?

Top Bottom