New Civil War Scenario Demo + Indonesian Gameplay (How's your Spanish?)

Look at those bridges over those big rivers! I hope that will be a feature for someone, somewhere, somehow, in the base game.

I thought that was the wonder the OP posted a picture of in the spoiler..

I'm talking about this:

Oh, by GM I assumed you meant "Great Mosque". In any case, that right there if I'm not mistaken is actually just the Great Mosque itself.

Looks like the dude got bored, because upon researching Theology he built both Brobrobodudur and The Great Mosque and Jakarta is currently producing the Hagia Sophia. Or he just really, really likes religion.

Ha ha ha. Man just goes to show I don't look at the wonders on the map enough. I don't often get to build the GMD though.

Mystic blade is indeed the initial upgrade for a kris warrior. Randomizes after the first battle.

I find this very disappointing conceptually. Pandering to stereotypes for Brazil is one thing - it is a struggle to think of characteristic features you can give to a civ that's included based on its presumed future potential - but Indonesia has a genuinely important past and it feels too much as though the designers really didn't know what to do with it, which is a great disservice. The best they can come up with for a UU is based on Malay beliefs about the magic properties of their daggers? Were kris-armed soldiers even a formation?

I like the Candi - it's a novel way of rewarding spreading faith and is a very different approach to exploiting trade routes. But the UA also seems a little awkward - clearly they wanted to find a way the distinctive feature of Indonesia as a large archipelago, as well as linking to the area's history with the spice trade, but the way it's executed doesn't feel quite right for the civ (and it doesn't make sense that they'd find resources otherwise not present in the landscape merely by colonising other continents).

Add to this the lazy selection of Jakarta as the capital, and I feel there's a lot of missed potential with this civ.

They had 1 Whales. It's possible that Indonesia had traded away their unique resource, either to Morocco already, or to some as yet unseen civ.

I think we may all have been misreading the UA. "2 unique resources" may mean only that they are two luxuries that are different from one another (as opposed to two copies of the same luxury). 6 Indonesia-specific resources would be odd, and in most maps every resource shows up somewhere (there certainly wouldn't be 6 unused luxuries on any map), so it seems it's unlikely that it means 'resources not otherwise on the map'.

Since Venice is now all but confirmed, it may still be that the 'civ-linked resource' is, after all, glass, and has yet to be confirmed.

Spoiler :

Maybe I am just blanking out, but is that an unannounced civ in black and white on that continent with Indonesia and Morocco? Or is that Zulus?

We're done here guys we've solved it. The 2 remaining civilizations are Bratislava and Jerusalem!

I've posted this before but nobody responded. Somehow I think the post is invisible or something. I'm a new user btw.

So, around 09:33, we can see that Jakarta has 1 whales and 2 sugars. We can see that it is the same game (when they play as Morocco and open the diplo screen) by looking at the the minimap (I don't know how they can switch between AI and player but I'm certain it's the same map). Based on this, sugars ARE NOT the resources granted by the UA.

Maybe the unique resources simply cannot be traded in a diplo.

Possibly goodday. The UA description is still too vague funnily enough to know for sure

Or maybe Indonesia in the game has already traded the unique resources with something that Morocco has. Silk perhaps. Morocco has lots of Silk in that game. That would neatly explain why both are no longer visible in the diplo screen.

I think we may all have been misreading the UA. "2 unique resources" may mean only that they are two luxuries that are different from one another (as opposed to two copies of the same luxury). 6 Indonesia-specific resources would be odd, and in most maps every resource shows up somewhere (there certainly wouldn't be 6 unused luxuries on any map), so it seems it's unlikely that it means 'resources not otherwise on the map'.

Every luxury resource does not show up on every map. E.g. you can play games where you never find copper.

Every luxury resource does not show up on every map. E.g. you can play games where you never find copper.

that depends on map size though. Huge maps tend to have pretty much every resource on the map.

I said 'most maps' for that very reason. As mentioned that depends on map size, and plainly you can't have a civ that will underperform (relatively speaking) on large maps or overperform on small ones because of the distribution of resources. And you still aren't going to get 6 of them missing from any given map.

Plus none of this would explain the clue we were given, that there is a new resource which - if it was revealed early - would point to a particular civ. If you were to reveal a new generic luxury resource with no information on Indonesia's UA, you could hardly conclude "Oh, Indonesia's in because they can randomly obtain this if it's not already on the map".

I said 'most maps' for that very reason. As mentioned that depends on map size, and plainly you can't have a civ that will underperform (relatively speaking) on large maps or overperform on small ones because of the distribution of resources. And you still aren't going to get 6 of them missing from any given map.

Plus none of this would explain the clue we were given, that there is a new resource which - if it was revealed early - would point to a particular civ. If you were to reveal a new generic luxury resource with no information on Indonesia's UA, you could hardly conclude "Oh, Indonesia's in because they can randomly obtain this if it's not already on the map".

Maybe the resource is literally called "Indonesian Spice."

Top Bottom