AND SVN Build Thread

Revision 897

Unit adjustments:
  • Captured Elephant can properly plant Ivory resources
  • Marine, Paratrooper raised to Strength 42
  • Modern Marine, Modern Paratrooper raised to Strength 62
  • Viking Berserker loses +10% City Attack and Mobility promotion and gains City Raider I promotion
  • American Navy SEAL is now Modern Marine replacement with Strength 64 and keeps previous UU abilities

Revision 898
  • Updated French and Polish translations.
  • Launcher updated to 1.12:
    ---> The enabled mods are now saved and re-enabled after an update (will work the next time a mod is enabled)
    ---> New icons for enabled/disabled mod status
    ---> Update window: changed "distant" to "remote" in English.
  • Devs: The installer script is now part of the repository. An executable has been created to update the installer language. Read Installer/README.txt.
  • Devs: Language importer fixes:
    ---> The tool now only import enabled languages.
  • Devs: All the helper tools source codes are now hosted at https://github.com/dbkblk/rand_helper_tools

Revision 900

Minor unit tweaks:
  • Early Destroyer moved to Automobile
  • Missile requires Oil Products
  • Cruise Missile requires Oil Products + Aluminum
  • Smart Missile requires Oil Products + Semiconductors

Revision 901

- The update of the Rising Sun -

This release introduces Asian language compatibility: Chinese, Japanese and Korean. The existing known translations have been merged (credits below). A New Dawn is compatible out-of-the-box with the European/US version of the game. Install this one, patch it to 3.19, set the game to Korean in the launcher, for example, and you will be asked to apply a patch the first time. Then, just play!
If you play in these languages, please report any bug, glitch or interface problem in the forum.

Changelog:

• Chinese, Korean and Japanese compatibility.
  • Fix: removed an uninitialized function in CvViewport (generate a python error). Also seems to fix the missing Slinger texture (white slinger) at turn 1.
  • Fix: Updated some python files to UTF8 compatibility.
  • Fix: language names are now correct in the game menu
  • Launcher updated to 1.13:
    ---> Add the three languages to the menu
    ---> Automatic switch to a compatible gamefont TGA
    ---> The modules window is now correctly translated
  • Asian patcher: Extracts a 2-bytes compatible executable for v3.19 and generates symlinks to ensure compatibility between Asian and European/US version without overwriting any file.
  • Updated Arabic, Czech, Danish, French and Polish translations. A particular thanks to Fri (Czech), Tedragon (Czech) and LordFistas (Polish) which have been efficient these last days.

All credits for Asian translations belongs to:
- Chinese translators [Saiai Wei - Clubs Alliance of Civilizations; www.civclub.net]:
Original Civ4 translators: Doris.Civ, freesand, HIDER, nameless, stalker, xyz, ridiculous, super diver, Flam, black and white sky, Card Division, dream rut, Ming heart, little new, Iraq
Warlords translators: Flame, freesand, FOKKER, gz, hider, icebroad, LinXee, liuzhimou, stalker, starwish, zmaiwt, super diver, bloom again, Helianbobo, black and white sky, black raincoat, Card Division, Lin's teacher, Qidong Savage, thirty-three steamed fish, Emperor, Sophie White, Iraq, moon bears, catching clouds, horizon chawol
BtS translators: freesand, Meng Zhongxuan, shell, clover, water droplets son, Lohengrin, yq19820430, eaglet123, danielzhuang, namelessone, scoutzxb, willzhang, HEAVENRAIN, WR_Z, Sophie White, gzciv, corn pie, mysterious man A, Q6022, khenlee weekly tiger, megodno, lpufred417, reallh, Qidong Savage, moon bears, Corydalis, liuzhimou

- Japanese translators:
Original game: Cyberfront
Rise of Mankind: Unknown (unsigned readme file)

- Korean translators :
Base game [Saiai Wei - Clubs Alliance of Civilizations; www.civclub.net]: freesand, Meng Zhongxuan, shell, clover, water droplets son, Lohengrin, yq19820430, eaglet123, danielzhuang, namelessone, scoutzxb, willzhang, HEAVENRAIN, WR_Z, Sophie White, gzciv, corn pie, mysterious man A, Q6022, khenlee, Weekly tiger, megodno, lpufred417, reallh, Qidong Savage, moon bears, Corydalis, liuzhimou
Rise of Mankind & A New Dawn: Unknown (unsigned readme file)

A new full installer of revision 901 has been uploaded on the server. Same link as usual.

Note: Thanks to the work of Fri and Tedragon, the installer is now translated in Czech.

Revision 902

• Reduce chances of Dark age from Volcano from 15% to 3%
  • Reduce maximum length of Dark Age
  • Add missing Dark Age artwork
  • Fix "Force Peace" Great Diplomat action in MP (hopefully, needs testing)

Revision 903
  • Fix: Military advisor tabs were not working on non-English languages.
  • Fix: Hellenism icon is now a dracma
  • Modern flags is now optional (enable/disable in the launcher options) [ON by default]
  • Updated Arabic, Czech, Danish, French and Chinese translations. Note: The installer is now translated in Danish, thanks to Gram123.
  • Launcher updated to 1.14:
    ---> New shortcuts for development tracker, FAQ and to re-apply Asian patch (Menu -> Fix installation)
    ---> Option to enable/disable modern flags

Revision 904

• Track number of dark ages that occur and decrease odds for multiple occurrences
  • Decrease dark age chances for Volcano and Meteor strike event
  • Tweak religion spread, newly founded religions initially get a boost to spreading
  • Tweak religion decay, very old religions decay slightly faster
  • Fix python bug in Via Appia with undefined variable
  • Tweak AI city production, favor buildings for developing cities
  • Give AI ability to build caravan units...needs more improvement, but should at least allow them to consider building them (never would before)

The goal for the religion changes is to give new religions an initial (short) burst of extra spread. It does not last long. Older religions have to be very old for the decay to be faster, and state religions will never decay. Religious buildings and connected cities with the same religions slow decay as well.

I made some tweaks to the city AI in the hopes of making the AI develop a bit better, but so far the changes seem mostly superficial. I will attempt to look into it more, I think AI cities could be choosing much more effective production choices.

Caravans can be built by the AI...but probably won't, the situation where it would decide to build them is fairly rare. The code was already written but not enabled, I just enabled it. It's very basic and needs refinement.

Hopefully the changes to Dark Ages puts that to rest. The game tracks the number of past dark ages, and the future chances of a recurrence are half-as-likely each time.

Revision 905
  • Signs created by players will be saved (after one turn is passed after sign creation)
  • Cargo hover text w/cargo promotions and special cargo units correctly shows number of units aboard
  • Fix game freeze and bug displaying turns left for production in rare cases
  • Fix bug where granting independence to cities causes mass war declaration

Bug Fix Tuesday!

The sign bug is the only one without a perfect fix. One turn has to pass before the sign will save correctly. With more effort, it could probably be perfected to save immediately, but I don't really care enough, and 1 turn is not really such a bad compromise. I doubt any players will really notice.

Thanks to sqwishy, JosEPh_II, rtt4a, & Sogroon for their bug reports!

Revision 906
  • Harbor, Port, Sea Port, International Port no longer give +1 health from fish, crabs, clam, and shrimp
  • Harbor, Port, Sea Port, International Port give extra commerce from fish, crabs, clam, and shrimp
  • Levee's (and Dike) cause +2 unhealthiness
  • Senate civic cost increased from LOW to MEDIUM
  • Senate civic no longer gives +1 health
  • Fisherman's hut and Butchery no longer give +1 health from salt
  • Castle Garden gives +1 health (previously was +2 health)
  • Castle Garden generates 2 Great Artist points / turn (previously was 1)

This revision helps bring health back into balance. There is still slightly too much health available, but it's much closer to being even than before.

Happiness is still way out of balance. It will be addressed eventually.

Revision 907
  • Fix: Hellenism buildings and missionary now use the dracma as icon
  • Fix: Random crash when a NULL unit was selected (thanks Janieyeti for report)
  • Fix: Modern flags files caused glitchs when old flags were used.
  • Moved art to rom.fpk (except videos)
  • Initial Greek support
  • Added a README to play on MacOS or Linux
  • Updated Czech, Danish, Greek and Finnish translations.
  • Launcher updated to 1.15:
    ---> Greek compatibility

Awesome set of fixes/changes guys!

If you're looking for more health to cut, I'd suggest looking at corporations. Corporations often already provide big bonuses (in my experience), even without considering their positive health effects, e.g. Sushi often gives lots of food, but also a large gob of health on top!

Yay that signs will be saved!

Cheers, A.

Awesome set of fixes/changes guys!

If you're looking for more health to cut, I'd suggest looking at corporations. Corporations often already provide big bonuses (in my experience), even without considering their positive health effects, e.g. Sushi often gives lots of food, but also a large gob of health on top!

Yay that signs will be saved!

Cheers, A.

Corporations are totally unbalanced and I had a separate discussion thread for them a while back. However, I did not come to any easy solutions or conclusions.

Revision 908

Minor bug fixing (no changes to Improvements yet):
  • Fixed Navy SEAL unit class in Formations module
  • Fixed some bugs in English strings caused by bad find-and-replace of &quot with &quot

Revision 909

• Tweak AI resource claiming unit behavior
  • AI will better evaluate city tiles being worked
  • AI will better evaluate how to grow cities, and will grow cities more effectively
  • AI inhibits production of military units in production poor cities correctly

Revision 910
  • Cleaned nearly 2000 obsolete tags from text files (not used anymore or never used due to component merges)
  • Initial support for Portuguese (31% translated). Translation from the Civ4BR project (credits below).
  • Updated Czech, French, Greek, Spanish and Russian translations.
  • Launcher updated to 1.16:
    ---> Portuguese compatibility
    ---> Add a menu to recheck the game files (Menu -> Fix installation -> Recheck game files)

Portuguese translation credits:
Base game translation from the Civ4BR project https://sourceforge.net/projects/civ4br/

Revision 910
  • Cleaned nearly 2000 obsolete tags from text files (not used anymore or never used due to component merges)
  • Initial support for Portuguese (31% translated). Translation from the Civ4BR project (credits below).
  • Updated Czech, French, Greek, Spanish and Russian translations.
  • Launcher updated to 1.16:
    ---> Portuguese compatibility
    ---> Add a menu to recheck the game files (Menu -> Fix installation -> Recheck game files)

Portuguese translation credits:
Base game translation from the Civ4BR project https://sourceforge.net/projects/civ4br/

Hi dbkblk!

I believe Civ4BR Project is for Portuguese-BR (Brazil), not for Portuguese-PT (Portugal).

I believe Civ4BR Project is for Portuguese-BR (Brazil), not for Portuguese-PT (Portugal).
Hi Phylhom!
I've sent you a message through Transifex. Could we discuss that in PM ? This thread is for release only.

I suggest to use mingw version of rsync. i can pack all files for you.
this version as i understand work good in wine.
i retest this later with lastest wine version.

Top Bottom