Unit Request Thread

Did anyone ever port/create a covered wagon or wagon train of sorts? I'd like to request one (or be pointed in the right direction), either way.

Yeah I will see if I can convert the warships but I wont do the transport type ships as they are not really needed in Civ 5.

I look forward to seeing the finished product of whatever ship you end up converting.

Did anyone ever port/create a covered wagon or wagon train of sorts? I'd like to request one (or be pointed in the right direction), either way.

There is a medieval supply train that might suffice.

There is a medieval supply train that might suffice.

It's very nice, but not exactly what I'm looking for. It would be for part of a unique Settler (more specifically, it's a Voortrekker), and the covered wagon is pretty essential to the image.

Awesome work, Wolfdog! Do these ships have damage states? I forget if that's still an issue with converted models?

No I still have not got damage states to work. Last I heard from Deliverator it is not possible with Nexus Buddy yet and probably wont be as I think he has stoped working on it.

It's very nice, but not exactly what I'm looking for. It would be for part of a unique Settler (more specifically, it's a Voortrekker), and the covered wagon is pretty essential to the image.

You could try and tweak the current settler art file to have different units that accompany the wagon.

You could try and tweak the current settler art file to have different units that accompany the wagon.

That's what I'm intending to do, like having the wagon replace the pack mule in this set-up, and perhaps move it to the back of the formation. What I'm trying to say, though, is that the covered wagon, as opposed to a normal wagon, is a pretty important icon of the Voortrekkers (and is also going to be the unit's Flag), and I'm not certain that the medieval supply train would appropriately fit.

That's what I'm intending to do, like having the wagon replace the pack mule in this set-up, and perhaps move it to the back of the formation. What I'm trying to say, though, is that the covered wagon, as opposed to a normal wagon, is a pretty important icon of the Voortrekkers (and is also going to be the unit's Flag), and I'm not certain that the medieval supply train would appropriately fit.

Iirc a civ4col westward ho mod had one. You can try and convert that.

Zapotec Battle Priest (using Missionary animations):

Spoiler :

He's the middle dude with the severed head in his right hand. Kiiiinda hard to miss.

---

Anishinaabe Medicine Man (using Missionary animations):

Spoiler :

Something along the lines of the following dude wearing the next outfit.

---

Cree Gunstock Warrior (using Warrior animations):

Spoiler :

The following man, but with the weapon in the following image instead of the axe and gun.

---

Anishinaabe Demon's Head (using Hand-Axe animations):

Spoiler :

The following man, but with the weapon in the following image instead of the club and gun.

---

Zimbabwean Selous Scout (using Infantry):

Spoiler :

Would anybody be so kind as to help me convert a rather large number of units from this Civ 4 modpack? I could convert them all myself, but that would take a significant amount of time alone.

I'm needing all of the units which correspond to non-unique combat units in Civ 5, as well as the Great People, Workers, and Missionaries. If someone is willing to help me, let me know and we can figure out how to split the workload.

Would anybody be so kind as to help me convert a rather large number of units from this Civ 4 modpack? I could convert them all myself, but that would take a significant amount of time alone.

I'm needing all of the units which correspond to non-unique combat units in Civ 5, as well as the Great People, Workers, and Missionaries. If someone is willing to help me, let me know and we can figure out how to split the workload.
Unfortunately I cannot help you converting these units to Civ5, but at least I can help if you have problems with importing some of the units into Blender.

hi i have only personal wishes :

Nihon Maru ( a japanese medieval-ship )

http://images.mocpages.com/user_images/79504/1347019313m_SPLASH.jpg
timg.com/vi/Aj0qoU0wenY/maxresdefault.jpg

a Samurai-Unit with a Wig on the helmet,like Takeda Shingen

http://www.samuraiseninjas.xpg.com.br/Takeda1.jpg
http://s207.photobucket.com/user/pa... Card Games/Takeda_Shingen_1280x1024.jpg.html
http://thumb-image.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/jpanese-samurai-armor-helmet-20-pics-013.jpg

but if someone really want to do this,please do not use the color red for the armor,better try
to use a dark blue and a white wig .

Unfortunately I cannot help you converting these units to Civ5, but at least I can help if you have problems with importing some of the units into Blender.

Thanks for the response. Blender is still a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma lurking within an anomaly soaked in a huge amount of what the hell to me, so I might indeed need that help. But I probably won't get started on this until after my finals are over in two weeks.

Could anyone make, or is there already a unit to fill the gap between crossbowmen and Gatling guns?

j51: The Hwach'a should really upgrade to a gatling gun.

Anyway, this was discussed in this thread, and the volley gun converted by Wolfdog was advanced as an option. The thread also contains an icon for the unit and a replacement teamcolor texture that I made.

Yep, I use Crossbowmen -> Culverin -> Volley Gun -> Gatling Gun

j51: The Hwach'a should really upgrade to a gatling gun.

Anyway, this was discussed in this thread, and the volley gun converted by Wolfdog was advanced as an option. The thread also contains an icon for the unit and a replacement teamcolor texture that I made.

Yes, that should do the trick! Thanks.

Edit: Is there a civilopedia image for it? Also, sound?

Just a random question, but what's the deal with Building/Wonder graphics? I'm taking a break from my main mod and tossing in the U.N.I.T Headquarters as a World Wonder that grants +2 spies 25% faster tech stealing, et cetera. I know the deal with the XML stuff, but should I just use the National Intelligence Agency art because you can't make new Wonder graphics, or what?

Top Bottom