Trading without the resource

dhicklin

Chieftain
Hi there,

I'm currently up against two civilisations (Charlemagne & Mechmed) who are trading oil but neither actually has the resource !

More precisely: I was way behind Charlemagne technologically, but could see that he had only sea based oil available to him. By the time he developed plastics I had destroyers waiting to pounce on his oil platforms. So I declared war and with my tanks and aircraft all was going well until until he started trading for oil with Mechmed. Unperturbed I turned my attention to Mechmed and sent in my airforce & destroyed all his oil wells. At this point I expected the trade of oil between the two of them to stop, but it continued !

I have visibility of all the oil resources, so I know there are no others. Mechmed is trading oil for 'hit shows' so I can't destroy Charlemagnes half of the deal to stop the trade either. This is really infuriating as I've been playing this game for days & my entire strategy of late was to control the oil supplies.

I suspect this is a bug, but any help would be gratefully received.

David.

First, you need a save file.

Second, could someone else in the world have an oil supply? Maybe they are trading it to Mechmed, who is then trading it away to Chary-boy.

Even if this runs Mechmed dry of oil, during the "honeymoon" phase of a trading agreement, both sides cannot cancel the deal unless they have none of that resource left...

Maybe he has standard ethanol in his cities, it also provides oil.

Top Bottom