BTS Leet Pitboss III: XX Threat - Sign Up

Not having the civs starting anywhere close together would be a pain. Are you sure it is not cylindrical though? Both your civs start near the edges?

In an island map, like this seems to be, lots of people will get starts like this (we are 18 on large map!).
Also the climate does not appear to be temperate & the wrap not cyl.

This will not be fun for many people.

Well starting on separate islands isn't so bad.. Starting on the other side of the world however...

Not having the civs starting anywhere close together would be a pain. Are you sure it is not cylindrical though? Both your civs start near the edges?

One on the extreme left of the map, the other on the extreme right. I cannot use the mouse to scroll beyond the map edge which leads me to believe that it's not cylindrical.

For 18 players the map needs to be huge.

Part of the fun of making everything random is too pull people out the their comfort zones and force them to make on your feet creative solutions. There are advantages and disadvantages in every situation the question is are you creative enough to figure them out.

alea iacta est.

Well, I dont think its so bad to start on 2 seperate islands, as long as they are not too far apart..

Well if it is indeed cylindrical world wrap it shouldn't be much of a problem even if it might look odd at current.

Well with one of my Civs I can squeeze a second on to my islands as long as it's on snow....

The second may be on a larger island, but I have only seen tundra outside my capital so far with my scout....

Well hopefully you'll be able to reach some more fertile lands with galleys..

Part of the fun of making everything random is too pull people out the their comfort zones and force them to make on your feet creative solutions. There are advantages and disadvantages in every situation the question is are you creative enough to figure them out.

alea iacta est.

The problem isn't so much random as the map being too small. 18 civ's on the map requires a huge world.

Saying there are advantages and disadvantages in every situation simply isn't true. There can be no advantage to having one city with one plains tile and every other square is water, snow, or mountain. There can be no advantage to having the other city in snow and tundra forest 100+ squares from the teammate.

The very first post said Large Map size.

Well hopefully you'll be able to reach some more fertile lands with galleys..

Of course it makes sense... The map generator gave us crap islands and left all the fertile land isolated so we can discover it!!!

In fact it decided that the barbs should have better land than us, so it gave them a big continent somewhere in the middle.

Stupid me I should have picked the barbs!!!

Of course it makes sense... The map generator gave us crap islands and left all the fertile land isolated so we can discover it!!!

In fact it decided that the barbs should have better land than us, so it gave them a big continent somewhere in the middle.

Stupid me I should have picked the barbs!!!

It might be inhabited by something else than barbs but that is no reason to not take it from them now is it?

It might be inhabited by something else than barbs but that is no reason to not take it from them now is it?

Sure, how did I miss that??? I have an Industrious leader so I can try the Astronomy slingshot!

I can usually get it on settler level so against humans it will be no problem.

Of course there might be a chain of 1 tile islands leading my Galleys to my unsuspected victim...so let me see... I will tech to iron working using my 1 city empires, will get iron of course, make about 8 galleys load them prats and of we go.

So about 40 turns to get IW & sailing, 8 galleys 16 prats with 1 city no more than 60 turns (i will whip like mad).....My zig zaqing galleys will take no more than 20 turns to get there so my unsuspected victim using his fertile land will have nothing but warriors & archers within 120 turns...piece of cake....

The very first post said Large Map size.

Yes, and I didn't scrutinize the settings carefully; but that doesn't make this right. I don't mind a poor start but this one is hopeless from the opening gun, especially without the cylinder wrap.

Do yourself a favor and kick me to the AI to speed up the game.

In a game with humans diplomacy can make up for most things if used right. But sure you can't relay on gameskills alone if you start alone on an ice island...

Top Bottom