Anyone understand how "Theme-ing" works yet?

triheptyl

Warlord
Does anyone understand how the Theming bonus with Great Works is supposed to work yet? It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. I've got a Coin and an Arrowhead from the Ancient Era in one building, and have an "Ancient Warfare" theme bonus for it. At the same time, I have 4 pieces of Industrial Era art in the Louvre, and have no theme bonus there. But then 2 pieces of Renaissance Music is giving me "French Renaissance Music" theme.

I've tried looking it up, but there doesn't seem to be an explanation for Theme-ing available. I really want to make the most of my Great Works.

There are quite a few threads about this already but the answers you seek are in the culture screen. Just mouse over the building and the tool-tip will reveal the theming bonuses available.

Click on the tourism icon on the top of your screen, then go to the 'my culture' tab (I think that's what it's called, the one to the very left). You'll see all the different cultural buildings you've built, along with their respective slots. To the left of the slot icons (if there are 2 or more) there will be a little + 0 icon. If you mouse over it, it will tell you what the theming bonus is. For example, the Louvre will tell you to have 2 relics and 2 pieces of art, all from different eras and civs. If you put in this combo, it'll change to + 8 or whatever the bonus is.

Hope that helped!

PS You can also swap pieces of Art with other civs via one of the tabs in the culture section. Handy for theming!

Anyone got the theming bonus for the hermitage yet? Does it need to be works of artists?

I filled the slots with artifacts from different eras and different civs and didn't get it.

Anyone got the theming bonus for the hermitage yet? Does it need to be works of artists?

Yes, doesn't it say "art from different eras and different civilizations"?

Basicallly, the great artist got split up into four different Great People: Artists, Musicians, Writers, and Artifacts. The first 3 are all great people that you train from their own special guild (Artists', Writers', and Musicians' Guilds) or buy with faith when under the appropriate policies. You can either do a 1 time "culture bomb" (each are slightly different, Musicians do a Concert Tour that gives a big boost to Tourism influence with whichever Civ you send them to, Artists start Golden Ages, and Writers give you a lump sum of Culture), or choose to make a great work. You must have "slots" of the appropriate type to make a Great Work - so, for instance, if you have the Great Library, you have two slots for Great Works of Writing.

At this point, check with what Dirty said. Find each wonder or improvement in your culture screen, and mouse over the box, and it'll tell you what you need to do for your theming bonus. Its different for every Bonder or building, and not every Wonder or building has a theming bonus. Theming bonuses are basically like a quest with the objective of collecting a certain amount of specific Great Works in the slots. So if you just have any old Great Works, you'll get your normal Tourism score for those individual Works..but if you have matched all your slots correctly, you get a bonus in Tourism from the Wonder/building itself.

As far as I know, the only way to move a Great Work is to trade with the AI using the culture screen, or to just move the Great Person near to the city you want to slot him in and hope for the best. I've heard mention that you can actually swap within your Civ somehow, but if that's the case I haven't found it yet.

As far as I know, the only way to move a Great Work is to trade with the AI using the culture screen, or to just move the Great Person near to the city you want to slot him in and hope for the best. I've heard mention that you can actually swap within your Civ somehow, but if that's the case I haven't found it yet.

In the culture screen, click the work. Then click where you want it. Simple as that.

Top Bottom