SGOTM4 A New Beginning - Maintenance Thread

mad-bax

Deity
GOTM Staff
SGOTM4 A New Beginning - Maintenance Thread

This thread will be used as the discussion and maintenance thread for this game. Since Alanh has automated much of the process there is not the need for two threads. The thread will be used for discussions about rules, procedures, bugs and anything else that is directly relevent to the game.

No Spoiler information will be tolerated in this thread

The first comment to make in this thread is that all teams are playing the variant.

Both awards will still be offered.

mad-bax,

A question on the interpretation of the variant:

1. You may not end a turn with more than 5 cities....

For example, if you have 5 cities and you are offered a rival city by culture flip, can you take that city and disband it before pressing end turn, or would you have to click the 'rebuff the rebels' option? ie. Can you temporarily go to 6 cities?

From the wording, I assume we are playing a relaxed 5CC, but I just want to clarify this point.

Thanks in advance.

I understand you can go to any number of cities during a turn. The only rule is you must have no more than 5 cities at the point when you press next turn.

grs said:
Our starting save (team offa) says we are Catharge.

SURPRISE!!!!! [party] [party] :lol: :lol:

Everything has changed!!! Mwhahahaha! If only you had solved the barb puzzle, you would be privy to all the secret nuances of this outlandish game!
:mischief: :crazyeye:

Game setting question:
In the civilopedia for this month, it claims you can trade maps with MapMaking. In the game announcement for GOTM 28 it claims we get it with Navigation. Which is it, or do we have to guess? Also where is Contract Trading?

Thanks

The Game settings are the same as for the original GOTM, and I provided a link to that page in the first post of the game thread. The Civilopedia is the generic one made for gotm20 ish IIRC. and isn't altered AFAIK from game to game.

FWIW I have nearly completed a stable mod for SGOTM, which is basically the GOTM mod which requires no unit downloads for PTW and only the "PTW equivalency" downloads for 1.29f. When it is done, then all the SGOTM games will be from gotm maps imported into the mod, and so the same in game rules will apply for every game, even if this differs from the original.

At this time I will go through the Civilopedia and updated it in line with the SGOTM mod. It would be helpful if people who find discrepencies could let me know as I suspect it will take an age for me to do it by myself.

grs: you may have missed an earlier post by me, which is my fault, not yours. The original download did not include any graphics, apart from the resources. This meant that the civilopedia crashes the game if you try to access the resources section. It is my fault (again) because I just plain forgot to include them in the download pack in my rush to get everything done on Sunday night.

The download pack has been corrected, and if you go back to post 2 and download the new one with a "b" suffix, then you will have the correct graphics and a Civilopedia that doesn't crash the game. Some of the entries in the Civilopedia are out of date, but will be corrected - eventually.

mad-bax said:
The Game settings are the same as for the original GOTM, and I provided a link to that page in the first post of the game thread. The Civilopedia is the generic one made for gotm20 ish IIRC. and isn't altered AFAIK from game to game.

Sounds good. As I didn't play GOTM in this era, I wasn't sure of the state of things here. Thanks for the clarification.

Top Bottom