New Unit: Shinra GrossPanzer from FFVII (25SEP04)

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, it's taken quite a while for me to finish this project, but I hope it's been well worth the wait. The Shinra GrossPanzer is the mobile Heavy Weapons platform in the shinra military, and has a 12 inch main gun as well as two 30mm light auto cannons. In addition it has blades that protrude between the wheels and a spiked ramming prow for running down infantry. This is one of the three Shinra UU's for my FF mod.

Now available in one easy to download Zip file, thanks to muffins:

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/GrossPanzer.zip

Glad you like it. There's a tutorial on adding unit in the tutorials forum.

Now, I'm posting the unit preview which I would have posted already if not for technichal difficulties. :(

Anyways, the preview goes Default, Run, Fidget/Fortify/Victory, Attack A, Attack B, Attack C, and Death.

Attachments

• GrossPanzer.gif
    GrossPanzer.gif
    328.6 KB · Views: 4,155
Wow, that's really impressive HT! :goodjob:
I especially like the death (since I think that's the only one i hadn't seen yet)

how does it compare in size to the other units?

Hikaro Takayama said:
Glad you like it. There's a tutorial on adding unit in the tutorials forum.

Now, I'm posting the unit preview which I would have posted already if not for technichal difficulties. :(

Anyways, the preview goes Default, Run, Fidget/Fortify/Victory, Attack A, Attack B, Attack C, and Death.

Wasn't that one of the two bosses you fought inside the elevator at the end of the Midgar portion of Disk One?

Thanks for the comments and praise.

Dease: The unit's wheels and chassis are about the same size as Muffins' Banelade tank, and slightly larger than your Civ III scaled T-28 SHT. The main turret is, of course taller, but that's how I wanted it to be, since I'm using the Baneblade as the generic "Heavy Tank" unit in my mod, and your T-28 as the generic "Tank" unit.

Sword of Geddon: No, this unit is one of the "mini bosses" as it were that you encountered during the Makou Cannon assault at the end of disc 2. The bosses that were during the elevator battle on disc 1 were the heli-gunner and the Hundred gunner. The hundred gunner was a 4 wheeled armored vehicle with two huge gattling guns and some other weapon (I can't remember right offhand).

Reno: Thanks! I like your Vincent avatar (I think that's who it is at least). My next Shinra unit will be the Highwind, provided I can either (a) get the model on line somewhere, (b) figure out why TurboCad 10.1 Deluxe is causing a General Access Memory error every time I try to start it up and get it to work, or (c) take about 8 hours or so to sit down and actually figure out how to make models in Blender. Although that is somewhere lower on my unit making list.

My next project (after I finish the Arashi Commando/Modern Ninja) will be to use the Shadosword model that Muffins so generously supplied, remove the laser cannon turret, replace it with some Tesla coils, and make that Tesla tank that Spetznaz requested for the CFC user's mod.

Hikaro Takayama, do you think you could rework the turret so as to make it look more 'real world'? That would really make my day.

zulu9812 said:
Hikaro Takayama, do you think you could rework the turret so as to make it look more 'real world'? That would really make my day.

By 'more real world,' do you mean something like (A) a modern tank turret or something perhaps closer to (B) the 12-inch gun turrets off the Land Battleship I did, or perhaps (C) a Monitor (the American Civil War Ironclad) type turret?

The reason I'm Asking is that, despite doing the Shinra SOLDIER on my desktop (which is taking up considerable processor time), Bryce actually runs halfways decent on my laptop, and I could get (A) from the Ork-looted Lehman Russ tank I did, (B) from the Land Battleship model, and (C) from the Generic High-Tech airship model I did, and therefore could just simply cut and paste a few parts of models and re-render while I'm waiting on my other computer to finish rendering the Shinra SOLDIER.

Well, this tank would make for quite a good alt-history early tank, so something circa-WWI or late 19th century would be good - ideally the latter

How's this grab ya? This is with the gun turret from my Land Battleship.

That looks good. Could the firing animation be machinegun fire, rather than cannon fire? Historically, tanks didn't develop proper tank guns until WWII - before that they were either armoured scouts or infantry support vehicles (the latter is what this would be). Also, could the turret perhaps have more gubbins? It looks a bit flat and primitive (in the Poser sense) at the mo. Lastly, could the front spikey bit be enlarged or emphasised in some way?

First of all, the turret is essentially a naval gun turret, and this version is inspired by the book, Land Ironclads by H.G. Wells....

Second, I guess I could add some hatches to the turret and maybe an air vent or two...

I could see about increasing the entire group by about 5%.

That's all I can guarantee right now, since, as I said before I'm in the middle of another unit project, and changing too much will take too much time from that higher priority project. I'll re-release this unit as a Land Ship (hopefully the Steampunk guys are still working on that scenario and can use it).

Furthermore, I'll be posting any furter previews in a thread in the main forum to keep from bumping this thread again.

Top Bottom