British cavalry, 20 Dec 2004

BeBro

King of the Krauts
Yeah, I was away from Civ for quite a long time. But I think it is time for some x-mas units :D

Today British cavalry, ca. middle of (I guess) 19th century. Steph should know more details, since it is part of his old request list.....

DL: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/BritCav.zip (ca. 800 kb)

Pedia preview below

Attachments

• BritCav_large_pre.gif
    BritCav_large_pre.gif
    7.1 KB · Views: 4,190
Animated: default > fidget

Attachments

• britcav_def_fid.gif
    britcav_def_fid.gif
    116.8 KB · Views: 4,277
Did I mention I love your cavalry units ??? I mean, I know I did- but I just cant say it enough, especialy when U bring us such amazing X-mas goodies :) Thank you for this wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new unit !!!!!!!!!!!

ps. and I really, really love your cavalry units ;)

http://www.victorianweb.org/history/crimea/paget/heavy.html

Looks like the Buckingham Guards.

EDIT:
This is starting to confuse me. Whenever I try to look up info on the charge of the Heavy Bridage during the Crimean War, all I get is the Scots Greys. But the Grey's didnt have the breastplate. The reason this is confusing me is that I saw a video of one of the English Royal Tatoo's (showing of the colors) and it called Bebro's unit as part of the Charge.

That is a seriously cool unit, BeBro!

OH SWEET JESUS MERRY CHRISTMAS! Wow! Cool! Thanks, Bebro! SWEET!

Thanks Bebro. Tried out in game, and it all looks good, except for the death animation. Heheheh Its kinda funny the way the horse falls over. It looks like he's floating, then some unseen force just tips him over. Do you think you could redo just that one flc?

Bungus said:
Thanks Bebro. Tried out in game, and it all looks good, except for the death animation. Heheheh Its kinda funny the way the horse falls over. It looks like he's floating, then some unseen force just tips him over. Do you think you could redo just that one flc?

Well, that was the idea, he begins to attack, and then horse and rider are hit by hmmm....something ;) The falling horse is so damn difficult to animate. On other cav units I circumvented the problem by letting the guy falling from the horse with the horse still alive then. But I don't want all my cav units to have similar death anims....

So in short I don't promise to rework it, but maybe.....

Sword_Of_Geddon: sword attack only ;)

BeBro said:
Well, that was the idea, he begins to attack, and then horse and rider are hit by hmmm....something ;) The falling horse is so damn difficult to animate. On other cav units I circumvented the problem by letting the guy falling from the horse with the horse still alive then. But I don't want all my cav units to have similar death anims....

For future reference, you should try to move the legs on the side he's falling towards to fold under the body... that will help to get rid of that floating look. The legs on the opposite side should just sort of fall with gravity rather than remain straight out as they do slightly in the death animation.

And you should try to keep those back legs grounded in the first few frames before it starts to tip over. I think that's really the problem ultimately. The other things are just little details.

It's still a great unit though! I wish I had a place for it... :(

Top Bottom