GOTM 37 Results and Congratulations

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
Delayed a bit by the silly season, but the results are now ready.

WackenOpenAir managed to edge-out Kuningas for the gold medal, by a mere 212 points as both broke 12,000! In a leaderboard dominated by domination victories, akots gained third-place.

Medal Winners:

WackenOpenAir: 230 AD Domination Victory, 12302 points.

Kuningas: 270 AD Domination Victory, 12090 points.

akots: 500 AD Domination Victory, 11759 points.

Other Award Winners:

SirPleb: 1762 AD Culture 20k Victory, 11655 points.

Bradleyfeanor: 1340 AD SpaceRace Victory, 10520 points.

AlanH: 1200 AD Conquest Victory, 9479 points.

Sandman2003: 1345 AD Conquest Victory, 8720 points.

MOTH: 1610 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 8610 points.

Frosties: 1265 AD Diplomatic Victory, 8074 points.

Kaiser_Berger: 1776 AD Cultural 100k Victory, 7740 points.

Ancient Warrior: 1410 AD Diplomatic Victory, 7329 points.

Redbad: 1892 AD Cultural 20k Victory, 6915 points.

Chamnix: 1832 AD Domination Victory, 5427 points.

al_thor: 1866 AD SpaceRace Victory, 3862 points.

Demiurge: 1806 AD Conquest Loss, 2325 points.

CKS: 2070 BC Conquest Loss, 99 points.

Please join me in congatulating the winners, and also to anyone who may have achieved their first Deity victory, "Well done"! :goodjob:

Yahoo
Of all the competetors going for the 20K I was the highest but one. And the infamous SirPleb had lowest scoring 20K but one. So one day I will be on top (and SirPleb will have chosen another victorygoal ;-)
Congrats to all the winners and to all the participants. It was a very anjoyable gotm.

And a special greeting to Redbeard (the participant with factually the same name as me). His deathstruggle lasted a massive 192 hours.

Congratulations to WackenOpenAir and Kuningas for great results and Domination dates under Deity!!! :goodjob:

Congratulations to the winners, and to all who played.

Sandman2003 said:
Congrats AlanH. Looks like I lost our two horse race! Now if only I hadn't had my cities mauled by the Persians circa 2000BC ...
Well played. Sandman. We can both be proud of coming through a Deity game to destroy the world.

Yes, I'm getting better at choosing my friends carefully, and this time I chose a good victory condition as well (ie one that SirPleb, Kuningas, Dynamic, Wacken .... didn't!). I suspect that we'd both have been also-rans if some of those fast dominators had just gone the extra few turns and destroyed the rest of the world.

I'd like to thank ainwood and AlanH for all their map making, game testing, results and support, since I am now retired from the GOTM scene.

8th is certainly a worthy spot to finish in among such skilled and devoted players. I'm sure I'll see most of you again in CivIV.

@Megalou : So long, though I'll be laying bets you can't stay away that long.

@dvandenberg: Yes, whether he wants one or not!

Congrats to everyone and my particular congrats to Demiurge with the best loss. I kind of hoped to get green ambulance :(

Congratulations to all medal and award winners!

Don't you think SirPleb has outdone himself, again? He has combined a 20k win with the Cow award. I suppose this combination of victory conditions to be a GOTM novelty and, at the same time, a very difficult combination to achieve.

Looking at his save you will see that he's also at the edge of domination and Conquest. He exiled the Indians to a 3-tile island - 2 of those tiles are mountains!

From me special congrats to SirPleb!

Bluebox

Congrats all!

Those pre 300ad dom dates by Wacken and Kuningas are most impressive. And SirPleb's 20k that scored well over 11,000 Jason! I would not have thought it was possible. Masterfully done guys!

My goodness, SirPleb, a 20K fastest and a cow!!!!!

:clap: :thumbsup: :king: :rockon: :worship:

The master strikes again. Soon to have two of every victory condition I see.

Wow!!! Wackedopenair (and others), you made this Deity game look like a Warlord game with those exceptional results! Absolutely amazing!

I'm not worthy.... :hatsoff:

I think this is the first time where there aren't victory and losses mixed in the score table. Everyone above Demiurge's score had a victory and everyone below demiurge's score lost.

AlanH said:
@Megalou : So long, though I'll be laying bets you can't stay away that long.
At least for the rest of the year...

I might play another deity GOTM since those are most fun.

Top Bottom