Generic Tank (3rd Jan 2005)

muffins

Lemon scented
A generic tank, used by generic countries for generic roles on the battlefield. I don't know if it needs a generic battlefield or if any old one will do :)

Unit includes Run, Default, Fidget, Fortify, Attack and Death animations. Also comes with sounds, units32 and pedia pics.

As always, modelled and animated in OpenFX

Generic Tank 1MB

EDIT - If you don't like the original Default animation then you can get a static version here :goodjob:

Attachments

• PediaLookie.gif
    PediaLookie.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 4,786
sweetness

I really like the fidget anim

Wow, finally a tank with a satisfying shoot animation. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks to come from somewhere in between the two tanks in the original?

Also, I take it that chevron is the civ colour?

Hi Muffins. Your Generic Tank is very nice! I can see the same fine detail as with your other units (the hatch opens in the animation, nice texture, just enough civ color, etc.) and this time you've added a fancier muzzle blast.

By the way, did you recieve my private message? I wanted to talk with you about unit creation and/or unit requests.

@Acronym2 - My civfanatics private messege inbox is empty for some reason :confused: You might want to give it another go

@ozymandias - There's a very short Fortify animation right after the Fidget animation in the preview (when the barrel elevates breifly) which makes it look a bit odd in the preview.

@Figaro - The ^'s are civ colour. I didn't understand your first question. What other two tanks are you speaking of?

@W.i.n.t.e.r - I think this tank could pass off as anything from the early 1950's to the late 1980's. :)

@Everyone - And thanks for the positive feedback :goodjob:

Very nice unit muffins! :) The muzzle flash is very cool...

Awesome unit-- you unknowingly fulfilled a reqest from me a long time ago for generic mech units-- this one frees up the usual modern armor for use as a US flavor unit.

it looks like very late WW2 - 1990's (max)
kinda reminds me of a panzer and a bit like the modern armour in civ3 but not. it's a uber mix of cool looking tanks combined!!!

it's a great unit however. v. cool.

I must say Mr. Muffins, you've really come a long way in design! If all goes
as planned I'm going to use some of your mechs as dreadnaughts and artifact
'creatures' in my Magic the Gathering mod. I plan on adding some concept art
of mechanical units to my thread - check it out [below],... maybe you'll find
something you'd be interested in working on, as your mech units rock!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=108442

The constant movement of the turret is kind of anoying. Can you make it stop?

Thnx and BTW the tank is very good. Why do you have 2 large and 2 small .pcx files?

Top Bottom