Help

solenoozerec said:
:help: Please, anyone, explain me how it can be and what can I do about it:
Are you also selling incense to one of the other civs? I think it's possible to import it, export it to someone else, then import for your own use. There isn't any ideal way to "fix" this. Basically you have to choose whether to keep paying for 18 turns, or break the deal and get a rep hit.

Dianthus said:
I think it's possible to import it, export it to someone else, then import for your own use.

I tried a few times to sell imported goods, but never succeeded. It won't show as tradeble in the screen.

Redbad said:
I tried a few times to sell imported goods, but never succeeded. It won't show as tradeble in the screen.

bluebox said:
at least you get a nice sum of gold for it every turn

I think the left hand side of the screen is what you get, and the right is what you give. That being the case, solenoozerec is buying two lots of incense from the same civ. My guess is he's bought it, sold his only source to another civ, and then bought another supply. You can check by running through the other civs and seeing whether you're exporting incense to someone. Or the F2 screen should show two imports and one export, and you can hover over them to see who you're dealing with.

First of all AlanH is right, I am buying it (otherwise I would not consider it as a problem :( ).

I will try to explain what happened without giving spoiler information.

I had an alliance with civ X against civ Y. I had a deal for incense with civ X which was not linked to the alliance (a separate relatively new deal).
Civ X signed a piece with civ Y before our alliance expired. I was informed that we lost incense (I though because they broke alliance, all our contracts got broken), so I contact civ X and establish a new deal. However, when I looked on F4, I found that I have two parallel contracts for the same lux. When I looked on F1, I saw that we indeed pay 25gpt to other civs :(. Not that big money, but still I would prefer to save half of it if possible.
I do not understand this and I do not want to get a rep hit.
What can I do?

AlanH said:
My guess is he's bought it, sold his only source to another civ, and then bought another supply.

No. I do not think that this is possible. When you buy a resource it never appears in the list for sale. Otherwise people would speculate, buying a lux from one civ for X gpt and then selling to another civ for X+1 gpt.
Also in my particular case civ X is only civ with which I can trade.

If the original incense deal was not linked to the alliance then it shouldn't have been broken when the alliance ended. It sounds like the first deal failed temporarily, you negotiated a new deal and then the original one was reinstated. I didn't think deals could fail temporarily, but maybe a temporary disruption of the trade route can do this in C3C? :hmm: It sounds like you've discovered a bug.

AlanH said:
If the original incense deal was not linked to the alliance then it shouldn't have been broken when the alliance ended. It sounds like the first deal failed temporarily, you negotiated a new deal and then the original one was reinstated. I didn't think deals could fail temporarily, but maybe a temporary disruption of the trade route can do this in C3C? :hmm: It sounds like you've discovered a bug.

I had a deal with civ X for incense before we both went to war. And this deal was indeed broken because we lost a trade rout through civ Y. However, later this deal expired because of the time and a second deal was established after we got a sea path (this second deal is still valid as a new third one).

I think I will keep buying incense twice :( and when I will finish COTM8, I will go to my saves and will try to replay this part of a game and will try to figure out what exactly was happening.
I think that I will not have time for GOTM39 anyway :(, so I could spend a little time to understand this problem instead

solenoozerec said:
I think I will keep buying incense twice :( and when I will finish COTM8, I will go to my saves and will try to replay this part of a game and will try to figure out what exactly was happening.
I think that I will not have time for GOTM39 anyway :(, so I could spend a little time to understand this problem instead
I would be interested in looking at those .savs later to help you work this out. I should be able to find out if civ x is re-selling the incense on by looking at the .sav file with a utility. This will have to be after I finish COTM08 myself of course though. Hopefully I'll get time to at least start it this month!

I may be mistaken but such a thing might happen when human player is not player number 1 in the scenario. This would mean that something happened in-between turns that has broken the first deal and then the second deal has been made and then the first deal has been restored before the end of turn. Since trade routes are not recalculated in-between turns but deals and their impact are recalculated, this would make a new deal appear and old deal was OK as well after trade route recalculation. Don't know if it can happen when human player is player number 1 but it surely is possible when human is not number 1.

For example, if trading between A and B was through some X country and war made in-between turns has broken this route, this would allow for a new deal made IBT. However, during the same IBT, civs A and (or) B perform some actions to restore the trade like build a missing harbor or a road or discover Astronomy or Navigation, this would allow the deal between A and B to continue without being cancelled. May be I'm wrong though.

Similar thing is when the luxury had been disconnected IBT and then restored through trading during same IBT. Happiness will be recalculated then and some cities which has grown during this turn will riot even though there are no unhappy citizens visible if browsing through cities IBT using the big picture screen. It is a known PBEM feature/bug and in PBEMs human player is seldom number 1.

Remember that there's a player #0 - the barbarians. I don't know if this affects things, but the human plays after the barbs and before the other civs in single-play. Where is trade route recalculation in that sequence?

AlanH said:
Remember that there's a player #0 - the barbarians. I don't know if this affects things, but the human plays after the barbs and before the other civs in single-play. Where is trade route recalculation in that sequence?

In multiplayer barbarians are the last player. After all players finished their moves, then barbarians start their moves. Not sure about single player.

The trade route is recalculated at the end of the turn before the autosave has been created after all moves and builds have been finished iirc which makes it after the barbarians move apparently. :confused:

Aghhrrr, this is worst then I thought. After 18 turns first deal expired. Now only one is active, I pay them money, they are giving me incense according to F4, but it does not go to my cities.
When I try to make a new deal, although incense is active, the have zerro of it, I guess because they sell it to me :(. I just had a majour riot because of this.

solenoozerec said:
Aghhrrr, this is worst then I thought. After 18 turns first deal expired. Now only one is active, I pay them money, they are giving me incense according to F4, but it does not go to my cities.
When I try to make a new deal, although incense is active, the have zerro of it, I guess because they sell it to me :(. I just had a majour riot because of this.

It serves you just right. That's what happens to people who want all the incense for themselves. :p

Redbad said:
It serves you just right. That's what happens to people who want all the incense for themselves. :p

Oh, they have still zerro of incense after last deal expired. No incense for me anymore :( .... unless :devil:

OK. I did some research on this. However, COTM8 is still on. I see two options. I can post it now in the second COTM8 spoiler or I can wait until 1st of February and post it to "Civ3 Conquests - Bug Reports" subforum.
What should I do? May be there is a third alternative?

I would use the spoiler to discuss it, at least initially. When the game is over we can copy or move those posts over to the Bug Reports forum for wider distribution/comment.

Ok. Just post it to the second COTM8 spoiler. Post #30. I upload a few saves, so whoever is interested in it could check it out themselves.

Top Bottom