New unit: Skeleton Archer (Jan 11th, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hello everyone!

This is an unit I was very surprised nobody has yet made (not that I know of) - a skeleton archer. AFAIK skeleton archer is one of the basic known-by-all fantasy units. So I would assume this would be useful in some fantasy mods. The headgear I took from the warhammer tombking warriors.
PARENTAL ADVISORY: he has no clothes :lol:

Here are the files:
Skeleton Archer

Attached are some previews

Attachments

• SkeletArcherDemo.gif
    SkeletArcherDemo.gif
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,949
  • SkeletonArcherCivilop.gif
    SkeletonArcherCivilop.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,111
very nice! planning a line of the undead? if so, can we get a necromancer (and a hobgobbo settler, and worker :mischief: )

Damn you aaglo, I just added in all the Chaos Dwarf units to my download of the WH mod, and was just about to start my first new game in weeks, and nowI've got t oadd this one in as well (on account of my lack of free wil).

By wich I mean: great unit, as ever!

There is one made already, but yours is of higher quality. I'm debating wether to replace the one I'm using for this one.

Well the one that already exists doesn't have east/ west direction animations, does it?

I had never spotted that. Well that's that. I'll be using aaglo's. The one that was out there is only missing one direction. I guess that would be east.

EDIT: Don't waste your time looking for it. As mentioned, it's incomplete. Besides yours is much better.

Yes, I remember there being one already, and i'm sure it was a conversion....but who's cares?
Yours is much better aaglo! :thumbsup: :D

this guy is realy sweet.

I like how you made him a bit more complicated with the arrow twirling and such
as good as ever

Wonderful... and you managed to avoid the skinny bones problem that has been keeping me from animating a skeleton I made up. :D

Thanks aaglo for this unit!!! Great work!!! :goodjob:

Now I can put this guy in my personal scenario:
"Beat the Mordor!" :)

(all tho I am not around here that much anymore (busy life :crazyeye: ) I still manage to find some Civ time ;) )

Take care buddy! :D

Nice unit, aaglo! I especially like how he falls apart during the death animation. :)

Any chance of more Tomb King units being on the way? They really are in need of a number of them.

Spooooky. :eek:

Woo-hoo! No more using Kindred's Skeleton Warrior for multiple skeleton units!

Triple hurray for aaglo! Hurray, hurray, hurray!!!

How does an advanced skeleton warrior sound? Maybe a worn out breastplate, rusty shield and an axe/sword? :)

Top Bottom