New Unit: Panarch's Legion (Jan. 14, 2005)

CamJH

Uncle Cam
Panarch's Legion

Download Panarch's Legion

Previews:
Attack A, Attack B, & Attack C

Notes: Tarabon is nominally ruled jointly by a king and a panarch, who are both elected by the Assembly of Lords. The King and the Panarch are equal in authority. The Panarch collects taxes, customs, and duties, controls the Civil Watch, and oversees the lower courts. Her personal guard is the Panarch's Legion. The King is responsible for spending the collected revenue properly, controls the army, and oversees the High Court. His personal guard is the King's Life Guard. The only major political duty of the Assembly of Lords is the election of both King and Panarch.

Credits: Many thanks to Kinboat for his paperdoll figure along with his clothing models. Thanks also are due to Cyber Dreyk and Steph for their wonderful programs.

Enjoy! :D
CamJH

first post! first post! (first time ever for me!)

awesome work, cam! your units are top quality, and all are finding homes in my home-mod. cant wait to see WoT finished, too!

:D

EW

edit: come to think of this, could make a nice flavour unit for scandanavian medieval infantry. :mischief:

Cool. You keep churning out all these medieval units, and I'm so overwhelmed I don't know what to do with them all. Oh well, I download them anyway. Cool square shield. That's one durn long sword, too. An ol' wristbreaker, or at least, it would be for me! (I'd always figgered WoT-civs to be more of rapier-type folk, almost 16th-17th century, except for maybe the borderlanders and the Aiel of course. Must be from looking at all that Tor Fantasy cover art, and hearing about all the poofy sashes and stuff. Not like I'm complaining, I don't like the poofiness. Wasn't somebody saying in another one of your threads about how the WoT mod might turn out to be cooler than the books?)

Since Aes Sedai are "never to use the One Power as a weapon except against Shadowspawn, or in the last extreme of defense of her own life, or that of her Warder or another Aes Sedai," we're most likely just going to set them up as advisors instead of military units. I'll probably have a Wise One coming along pretty soon though. :)

Very cool. I've never heard of Wheel of Time before, but I'll have to try the mod when it gets released. :goodjob:

odintheking said:
The tree on the shield looks Gondorian. It could be an upgrade from utah's Gondor soldier. Good Work!

Yes it almost looks like the white tree of Gondor.
I saw you had a new avater CamJH and I got excited because I knew you would be coming out with a new unit soon ;)

Cool :D

Yes, Its very nice! Could you perhaps make the shield black with a white tree on it, so it goes even better with Utahjazz's Gondor Tower guard? Would be really cool for LotM :)

CamJH said:
Since Aes Sedai are "never to use the One Power as a weapon except against Shadowspawn, or in the last extreme of defense of her own life, or that of her Warder or another Aes Sedai," we're most likely just going to set them up as advisors instead of military units. I'll probably have a Wise One coming along pretty soon though.

Sorry, been too busy to keep up on the thread so I don't know what you finally went with for the mod's setting, etc. I was thinking of how in the past the Green Ajah were the used in war, called the "Battle Ajah" during the Trolloc Wars, so they'd still be useful for earlier periods. Either way, the units are great and can't wait to see it all done.

[Ant]Wimp said:
Yes, Its very nice! Could you perhaps make the shield black with a white tree on it, so it goes even better with Utahjazz's Gondor Tower guard? Would be really cool for LotM :)
I already suggested this (in another of CamJH's unit threads?), but mrtn pointed out that we don't need an upgrade (or whatever) for utah's Gondor Tower guard, but might use this unit instead for the Numenoreans or whatever (I can't remember exactly).

Top Bottom