SGOTM6 Celts - Sign Up Thread

mad-bax

Deity
GOTM Staff
SGOTM6 - Celts. Sign Up Thread.

Sign-ups are now being accepted for SGOTM6. Please indicate your intention to play by posting in this thread. The information required to place you in a suitable team is as follows:-

1. The version of the software you wish to play.
2. The level (regent, monarch, etc.) you are comfortable playing in a solo game.
3. If you wish to stay with the team you belonged to in a previous game.

Note:-

A. Conquests version 1.22 is supported in this game. However, participants who chose to play this version of the software will play for a separate award.
B. All teams must now play the sponsored variant.
C. All saved game files uploaded to the server are now parsed through software that extracts and archives data about save, including reload count for each turn set. I've told you nicely.

The game will start on the 7th February.

OK so here is the start.

Map Parameters
Playable Civ - Celts
World size - 100 wide by 130 high.
Difficulty Emperor (approximately)
Landform Contiguous Pangea
The map is handbuilt, and therefore may not have a standard configuration.

Here are a couple of links you might find useful.

The Constitution
The GOTM Reference Thread.

This Months' sponsored variant is Cultural Celtic Communists the rules for which are as follows.

1. The only allowed governments are despotism and communism.
2. You must win by 100K victory condition.

Rule changes and modifications made to the various software versions will be documented in the maintenance thread that will be posted on 29th January. However, for those people that played (and are still playing) SGOTM5, the rules will be the same as for that game. Civilisation traits have not been altered for C3C.

Spoiler information will absolutely NOT be tolerated in this thread.

Finally, have fun everyone. The game should be a challenge whatever your level. :)

Looks I'm the first to sign up for this one and hoping to play with the same team as last month (if they'll have me).

I have all three versions available to me and feel comfortable with game from emperor on down.

If someone wants an extra challenge for their team, I'd be happy to join. If all teams are happy, I don't want to force myself in. I'll keep an eye on it either way.

EDIT:
1. I can play PTW 1.27 or C3C 1.22
2. I'm comfortable playing Regent. I've been playing Monarch. Haven't won yet but I'm learning something new every game that makes me better. I could play any level but the higher we go the more help I'll need.
3. I don't have a team...see above.

- I can play all 3 versions
- comfortable with Monarch (trying Emporer, but no wins yet)
- I have a new team of 4, but will PM the roster in case someone changes their minds.

signing up.

R&L's team.

I think we need to be ptw due to one member not having C3C.

Comfortable solo at Emperor.

Yeah!!
Finally... It is here :goodjob: :D
Going to look for the rest of Smackters to sign up...

I will play again.

1. I will play which ever software version I am allocated to, but I prefer PTW.

2. I am reasonably comfortable playing most levels. It's just comparing my games to human players that unsettles me.

3. I would like to keep our team going, if the guys wish to continue. However, mad-bax, feel free to shift me if you think the team needs strengthening.

BTW: WackenOpenAir asked (on the sgotm5 thread) to get signed up.

Well done mad-bax for keeping to the promised end of January :)
I'd be very happy to continue with my fellow Peanuts.
Current level, somewhere between Monarch and Emperor, if there's reallocations.
I suppose we better discuss the software, PTW or Conquests are both fine with me.

Borther Bede of the Western Isles offers his services.

1) PTW, C3C preferred.
2) Emperor
3) Enjoy meeting the new players

Xteam have some recovering to do after our current bruising encounter as the Russians. I'm game, but I don't know whether the rest of the gang will be :hmm:. If we don't have a quorum, I'm happy to play with new partners.

Vanilla 1.29 as I'm still a Mac-only freak. I'll try any difficulty level but still struggle at Deity.

Yes please!
1. Any
2. Emperor (I still need a 'nice' start to win at Deity!)
3. Anyone who'll have me! :)

1. Prefer C3C, but could do PTW
2. I feel comfortable on emperor or demigod depending on map difficulty
3. I very much enjoyed playing with jeffelammar, but would also be open to a new team if that is necessary.

Looks interesting, I'm game. :mischief:

I have all versions of the software.

Will try any level of difficulty but with which can I succeed? Monarch to Emperor?

Prefer to remain with the X Team. After SGOTM05, we have some improving to do. :p

Please sign me up!

1. I will soon own Conquests and consequently PTW (it's ordered but might take two weeks to get here), but given my lack of experience with C3C, I'd prefer to stick with Vanilla or PTW (I have all the GOTM mods installed and working for Vanilla).

2. I haven't actually played much Civ III, but I feel comfortable on emporer. (Once upon a time, I played way too many hours of Civ I and then Civ II, so Civ III's been more of an adjustment than a learning curve. The GOTM's are almost the only games I've completed.)

3. I'd really like to be part of a team that does a lot of strategy discussing and comes to a consensus on how to do things, as well as provides good guidance for less experienced players.

Edit: I should mention up front that real life circumstances may limit my ability to fully participate after mid-April. I expect I'll still be able to play, but my time will be more limitted and access not as consistant.

sign me up 2

1) Can play both PTW and C3C. :)
2) Im comfortable playing emperor but i can win on diety sometimes ( trying to do the transition)
3) my first SGOTM :blush:

1) Conquests 1.22
2) Emp or DG
3) This is my first SGOTM. Will play on any team that will discuss options and then agree upon, and execute, a single strategy.

I am not in this for any medal but rather for the experience. Not to say I won't be competitive, so sign me up for team Underdog.

What the heck.

1) Any version.
2) I'm pretty rusty, and was never that great. If you need to give a team a handicap, I could be good. (Monarch. Have played some Emperor. Usually lost patience with those long turns late in the game, but since I don't have to play all the turns, should be better :) ).
3) My first SGOTM.

A sign up.

1. Conquests prefered.
2. Comfortable at DG.
3. Wouldnt mind playing with Smackster again, but I leave this open.

Top Bottom