New unit: Ogre Irongut (Mar 8th, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Smash! Stomp! Rend!
Here is another ogre from the warhammer fantasy realm. Ogre ironguts are elite warriors with 2-handed weapons. This guy comes with a hammer :lol: Enjoy :)

Here's some civilopedia info taken from the games workshop website:
Ogre Ironguts are the Ogres of any given tribe who have the most status and the best weaponry. Although not markedly superior in strength to their fellows, Ironguts are afforded great respect, because these warriors are hand-picked by the Tyrant himself. For this reason, a unit of Ironguts may well include the Tyrant's immediate family or his closest drinking cronies.

Ironguts go into battle armed with massive two-handed weapons such as enormous scimitars, rocks bolted to tree boughs with iron bands, or simply gigantic versions of the traditional Ogre club. Ironguts wear large, ornamented gut-plates to show their status and cover their arms and heads in heavy armor cobbled together from various conquests over the years. Ironguts are also typified by an unshakeable belief in their own superiority.

Here are the files:
Ogre Irongut

Attached are some animation and civilopedia previews

Attachments

• IrongutCivilop.gif
    IrongutCivilop.gif
    17 KB · Views: 1,172
  • IrongutDemo.gif
    IrongutDemo.gif
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,309
Spelling for what? Cudos?

Hokey Dinah, that guy's hammer is serious. And the swing is so...final! Beautifully animated, I can just see the weight and the strength that heaves it around. Nice touch with him pumping his fist, too. aaglo, you rock. Specially when your units wield rocks. Like this guy's hammer. And that giant you're going to make for Mithadan that hurls rocks, just like in the Hobbit...

So? Did my use of the funky scary colour "dark red" manage to hypnotise you, put you under my spell, so that you'll make my rock-hurling giant? :lol:

Nicely done, aaglo! Your Ogres are awesome. I hope there are more to this line!

Endless hours of hammer smashing in Super Smash Bros come to mind, this guy should come with the hammer music from that :D

In the preview, the animation right after the attack anim, is that the victory or the fidget, and is he giving a thumbs up?

:mad: "OGRE ANGRY!" *smash* "All done." :goodjob:

:lol:

Good job again aaglo :goodjob:

Fantabulous model, good animation. For you next ogre's death, it would be cool to see him thrash around violently before finally droping motionless. I get the feeling a big fella like that wouldn't go down softly.

Ough. Rending somebody with a hammer. I wouldn't concider hammers to be rending weapons but managing to do it... with a hamma? Oh! The poor elves! All OVER the floor!

@mrtn
Your spelling is correct.

@goldflash
I think rending with a hammer is no problem, especially if you can wield that kind of hammer - it's a matter of speed'n'strength :p

Superb unit. Maybe I should use this one instead for my Stone Giant. Thanks aaglo!

do you think you can make anime units?

I am enjoying all of your units Aaglo. Are you still using POVray to make these?

EDIT: NM, just read your signature. :)

These Ogres are great.

Beautiful (can you call an ogre beautiful?) unit, aaglo! :)

Amazing aaglo once again. You continue to astound me with your incredible units! :goodjob:

Just wish i was as good an artist! :(

Any tips? ;) :crazyeye:

kingkong

Top Bottom