New unit: Black Orc (apr 13th, 2005)

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

Here is a black orc (with a great weapon) from the Warhammer fantasy. Enjoy :)

Here's some civilopedia copied from the Games Workshop Website:
Black Orcs are the biggest and strongest of all Orcish breeds. Because of this advantage, they're able to grab the best gear and are invariably better armored than the rest of the ladz. This advantage also means that they're always in the thick of the fighting. Perhaps this reason is why there are so few Black Orcs and why they usually form the ruling clan of a larger Orc tribe rather than a tribe in heir own right. Even tribes with hardly any Black Orcs are often led by a Black Orc Warboss, and jolly grateful they are too!

On the battlefield Black Orcs like to concentrate on the job at hand. Disputes which would cause squabbling and disorder among the other greenskins are settled around the campfires the night before by means of orderly head-butting competitions and Gobbo throwing contests.

Here are the files:
Black Orc

Attached are previews of some animations and civilopedia.

Attachments

• BlackOrcCivilopAlt.gif
    BlackOrcCivilopAlt.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,389
  • BlackOrcDemo.gif
    BlackOrcDemo.gif
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,150
Excellent unit, aaglo! Thanks!

Wonderfully executed. It really embraces the "orkiness". :)

ya I like the orcs more when they are green. good job

Better than ever aaglo, the animations keeping looking more and more natural, which is quite the accomplishment with POV-Ray. This guy would also work well as an alternate Uruk-Hai I think.

Thumbs return :goodjob:

Now THATS what an Orc is supposed to be like! I just might find a home for this in the 40 K mod...

Thats a mean, nasty orc of an orc! :thumbsup: :D

It's just perfect. I agree with Goldflash in that this is what an orc should look like.

The LOTR orcs are fine and all, but they all look like a human in orc prostetics. I understand it for making a movie, but not when it comes to animating units.

Holy Crap!

i love it! fantastic! :D I'm a very heppy modder right now :)

Top Bottom