SGOTM7 - Always War - Ottomans - Sign Up Thread

mad-bax

Deity
GOTM Staff
SGOTM7 - Always War - Ottomans. Sign Up Thread.

Sign-ups are now being accepted for SGOTM6. Please indicate your intention to play by posting in this thread. The information required to place you in a suitable team is as follows:-

1. The version of the software you wish to play.
2. The level (regent, monarch, etc.) you are comfortable playing in a solo game.
3. If you wish to stay with the team you belonged to in a previous game.

Note:-

A. Conquests version 1.22 is supported in this game. However, participants who chose to play this version of the software will play for a separate award.
B. All teams must now play the sponsored variant.
C. All saved game files uploaded to the server are now parsed through software that extracts and archives data about your save, including reload count for each turn set. I've told you nicely.

The game will start on the 16th May.

OK so here is the start.

Map Parameters
Playable Civ - Ottomans
World size - 80 wide by 80 high. (Small)
Difficulty - Deity
Landform - Archepelago
Barbarians - Roaming

The map is handbuilt, and therefore may not have a standard configuration.

Please visit the following links to ensure that you are adequately prepared for this game.

The GOTM Reference Thread.
SGOTM Reference Thread.

This Months' sponsored variant is Always War Deity (AWD) the rules for which are as follows.

1. You must declare war on each Civilisation by the end of the turn you make that contact.
2. You must remain at war with each Civilisation until the end of the game, or until that Civilisation is destroyed.
3. You may trade with a Civilisation on the turn you make contact and before declaring war, but you may not establish any embassies.
4. No turn based (gpt) deals are permitted.
5. You must win by Domination.

Spoiler information will absolutely NOT be tolerated in this thread.

Finally, have fun everyone. The game should be a challenge whatever your level. :)

I'll be there, preferably with the other (Pea)nuts.
Which ever softwear version we'll settle for will be fine by me.
Terrified, but in.

Signing up, I've been invited back to Team Bede, to which I have no objections.

(FWIW: 1. [c3c] 2. Emperor 3. Yes, see above.)

Signing in...

1. C3C, PTW
2. Diety
3. I'd like to stay with what's left of Smacksters. Preferably in the same team with Wotan and Grahamiam if guys sign in. If not just put me somewhere. :)

I'll be a signing up for this one; its my first SGOTM so Im a free agent.

1. C3C usually, I would vote for PTW looking at this setup.

2. Deity and tiny-standard Sid (not large or huge, ugh)

3. Free agent

EDIT: I think Team Bede is calling my name.

Can I be assigned to a team for SGOTM7 but not as a player? I don't want the award just the restrictions to not look at the other teams threads. I've recently told my wife to hide my Civ cd so that it won't completely consume my life. Therefore I can't play but I still want to be involved. I don't know if it makes sense, but it just isn't as exciting to be able to look at all of the threads. I could be an advisor or something.

Here are my little number things....
1. [c3c]
2. Emperor
3. Team Bede if they'll have me, but any team that's willing to have a dedicated lurker.

If this is too complicated that's fine, I'll just pick a team to stalk.

Once the teams take shape I'll see what I can do Tubby.

I'm in.
1. Any
2. Emperor
3. I would like Team Jeffelammar if they will have me back.

Sounds fun, I'll sign up.

1. Can do all, prefer vanilla or PtW.
2. Emperor.
3. I'm new...

I probably won't have internet from may 27 to jun 3. Hope that's ok.

Hmm, feel a little unnerved by AWD but since its Archi i'll have a go...

1. Conquests
2. Emperor
3. I'll stick with barbslinger if its still operational, but not bothered really.

I'm in. Should be a blast, one way or another.

1. Civ3 1.29 vanilla.
2. Emperor GOTMs when ainwood's feeling generous.
3. Xteam if there's a quorum that'll put up with me. Otherwise, anywhere that'll play vanilla.

Count me in as well...

1. Any Civ version is fine with me
2. I'm comfortable at all levels up to Diety, bit nervous there.
3. Old team is fine, not sure who will show up, but it will be fun no matter what. If there aren't enough takers from the old team, just assign me anywhere.

mad-bax said:
SGOTM7 - Always War - Ottomans. Sign Up Thread.
3. You may trade with a Civilisation on the turn you make contact and before declaring war, but you may not establish any embassies.
I guess you do not want to allow per turn trades to be made? You should say something about them in any case.

I'm in

1. Ptw-C3C
2. Diety
3. it allways good to meet new people :)

All war (one of my favorite variants but i have never played it on diety should be a great chalange)

grs said:
I guess you do not want to allow per turn trades to be made? You should say something about them in any case.
Why not? You'll probably only get one. After that your rep will be shot to pieces.

AlanH said:
Why not? You'll probably only get one. After that your rep will be shot to pieces.

Not necessarily, particularly in C3C on an Archi map.

AlanH said:
Well, usual AW rules forbid that and while "habit" alone does not seem a valid reason, I think allowing per turn trades turns the game (even more?) into a "who can exploit the AI most" competition. It also would drastically increase the luck factor.

The archipelago argument - already mentioned above - is very valid too.

Top Bottom