Make your own CIV movies!!

polyphemus

join the long blue line
This is a tutorial on how to edit the current 'Conquests' BIK movie and also how to create one of your own. Great for MOD makers.

I use a utility called RADVIDEO TOOLS. It can be downloaded seperatly Here This powerful Utility Converts BIK files to FLC, GIF, WAV, and even individual image files. I also included the utility in my tutorial. Download my html tutorial Here

Download the Readme also.

Tools used:

RADVIDEO TOOLS
ANIMATION SHOP
PAINT SHOP PRO

Attachments

• Readme.txt
    532 bytes · Views: 445
Yes it is. RADVIDEO TOOLS allows you to export the BIK as an FLC, GIF, and allows you to extract the sound. So ya, this tutorial covers the intro movie. If you look in the 'Movies' folder if you have conquest, you will see a victory movie too. The methods discribed in this tutorial are the same for that one

can't you get a video to play if you beat a certain scenario...like you have to go into some text file and change some directories...and stuff or is it hardcoded

EDIT:
Okay I want to convert a couple of .swf files for the BIC...my macromedia flash can export the videos as .mpg, .mpeg, .swf, .gif, BUT I use what is called movieclips and those wont play if they are set as .gif....so my question is can you get .swf into a .bic

I know you can convert your swf files directly to avi format and then with RADVIDEO TOOLS you can convert the avi to BIK

Ill try to get the software that converts swf to avi up in a moment

EDIT: Wait, a minute, you can export a flash file as AVI

DHRUV
Here's the best method: 1. open movie in FLASH
2. Go to File>Export Movie
3. Under save as type choose Windows Avi

Then from there u can use RADVIDEO TOOLS and convert to BINK.

Yeah, the Rad Video tools can convert BIK to and from just about any other format including FLC, FLI, GIF, AVI, and MPG. I'm planning on using the Rad Tools to convert a certain Final Fantasy Anime Music Video that's currently in AVI format. I'm going to use it as the intro for the FF mod.

That should look pretty goods in the MOD, when do you expect to finish the MOD by?

polyphemus said:
That should look pretty goods in the MOD, when do you expect to finish the MOD by?

Hopefully by December, although that might be a bit optimistic. I still have 9 civs to add, since I'm in the process of adding two factions from FF III, one of which I was able to get all the units and LH in one fell swoop. Once I find a name for the leader, I'll be adding Crystal Chronicles which will leave only 8 empty slots and only FF I, II, Mystic Quest and possibly Spirits Within to get civ and unit ideas from before I will be forced to go to other Square-Enix games, or, like Firaxis did with the Alien Crossfire expansion for Alpha Centauri, I might Change Japan to Square Enix with Yoshinori Kitase or Testuya Nomura as leader and the other FF team members as GLs. I've also got several LHs to make as well.

In addition I've still got about 3 dozen units to add, not to mention re-doing the industrial and modern tech trees, adding each games unique summoning tech (with associated small wonder and summoned creatures), as well as finishing up the advisors (I've only got the Foreign advisor left, and all I need for her is the proper hair...Aeris is my foreign advisor), the advisor screens (I've made the advisor screens look like Final Fantasy Menu screens) and possibly making some Final Fantasy type Pop heads (i.e. changing the mideast ones to look like FFX NPCs, the Native American ones to look like FF VII charachters and NPCs, etc). And that's still taking into account that I've still got a ton of Civilopedia entries that need written, as well as some serious revising for the Diplomacy.txt as well as the Script.txt. Thankfully the Label.txt bit is finished.

All in all, I'd say that I'm about 70% finished, but the last 30% is gonna be a hum-dinger. All I can say is that it took a whole 2 years for Embryodead to do his Warhammer Fantasy mod, and he had the direct support of some of the best unit creators in CFC, so I've still got about 9 months for this one ;)

Wow, i had no idea they take that long!! That makes me want to stay away from MOD making, not like the idea to make a MOD crossed my mind. Well good luck.

Hahahhaha! Don't worry, not ALL mods require a complete graphics change. (However, my MOD is only about 50% done, and I still have to find another CIV to add, add +-50 units, make a few of those units, plus add techs and finish the Tech Tree.

oh, whhhhoo. Got scared there

Actually, Making LHs and advisor screen graphics as well as .biq editing is realatively easy. Researching info for civs, messing with the tech tree, making units and editing the various .txt files are the hard parts.

Hi, polyphemus!

Thank you very much for the RADVIDEO TOOLS link and your tutorial!

It's a really easy and good way to make own intro movies! :)

your welcome. just glad i could help

I've had RadVideo a while and have successfully made movies into bik, but they never have sound. Now that I found your tutorial, I'll try it out and if I still have problems, I'll ask you questions here. I would love to get a movie up for my Mystara mod.

Good. Ya let me know if it works

tjedge1 said:
I've had RadVideo a while and have successfully made movies into bik, but they never have sound. Now that I found your tutorial, I'll try it out and if I still have problems, I'll ask you questions here. I would love to get a movie up for my Mystara mod.

Adding sound is simple. First open RAD VIDEO TOOLS. Then browse for your BIK movie. Select "Mix in Sound." Browse for your sound file and then lastly select "mix"

Top Bottom