SGOTM8 - America. Sign Up Thread.

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
SGOTM8 - America. Sign Up Thread.

Sign-ups are now being accepted for SGOTM8. Please indicate your intention to play by posting in this thread. The information required to place you in a suitable team is as follows:-

1. The version of the software you wish to play.
2. The level (regent, monarch, etc.) you are comfortable playing in a solo game.
3. If you wish to stay with the team you belonged to in a previous game.

This game will start on August 5th. Thanks go to Gyathaar for coming up with the variant and developing the map.

And the variant is .... Hydrophobic Conquest. You are America, your goal is to conquer your archipelago world, and you are afraid of water. You can't build boats and you can't swim. So Doc T may get to play with the F15s ;).

The rules are simple:

1. You will build no boats. Seaborne units are all disabled for America.
3. You must win by Conquest. America must be the only civ standing at the end of your game.
4. Red and Gold Laurels will be awarded respectively to the members of the C3C and Classic teams achieving the fastest conquests.

Here's the start:

Map Parameters
Playable Civ - America
Opponents - Six, preselected
World size - 80 wide by 80 high. (Small)
Difficulty - Emperor, or possibly Monarch. Subject to final play testing,
Landform - Archipelago
Barbarians - Raging

The map is handbuilt, and therefore may not have a standard configuration.

Game mods:
- America can't build boats. The AI can.
- All victory conditions are available except Diplomatic and Spaceship.
- Settlers, workers, scouts, explorers, leaders, cruise missiles and tactical nukes can be loaded into helicopters.
- A side effect is AIs can load tactical nukes into any boat.. so beware :nuke:
- Bombers have lethal sea bombard only (lethal land bombard removed)
- Cruise missiles, stealth bombers and F-15 have both lethal sea and land bombard.

The SGOTM Mediterranean resources are included in this game. If you have played SGOTM 7 then you will be ready. If not you may need to download and unzip a small graphics mod pack. Vanilla/Mac players need to install the GOTM mods. The best way to achieve this is to use the relevant All-in-one GOTM Installer for your OS, linked in my signature.

Please visit the following links to ensure that you are adequately prepared for this game. Vanilla players in particular should understand the late-game equalisation modifications that we don't often have to worry about.

The GOTM Reference Thread.
SGOTM Reference Thread.

Notes:

A. The Classic (Play the World and vanilla 1.29) versions of Civ3 AND Conquests version 1.22 (C3C) are all supported in this game. Because of the different game play, Classic and C3C teams will play for separate awards.
B. All teams must play the sponsored variant.
C. All saved game files uploaded to the server are parsed through software that extracts and archives data about your save, including reload count for each turn set.

Spoiler information will absolutely NOT be tolerated in this thread.

I think this one will exercise all your Civ skills - diplomacy, research, warfare .... I look forward to watching some interesting games. Have fun :D

First to signup - Yea for me :beer:

All versions available

Happy to play with Team Jeffelammer if they'll have me

Comfortable on Emperor and below :hammer:
Challenged by Demi-god :scan:
Able to survive for a while on Deity :aargh:
Whimper at the thought of Sid :suicide:

Sounds interesting! I switched on my computer at just the right time.

1. Any.
2. DG-Deity on a good day.
3. I'd prefer to stay with Team tao but I will go wherever you choose to put me.

1. Any
2. Comfortable on Emperor, can win on Diety if I get a good start.
3. I would prefer Team Ivan.

Second Team tao sign-up, although to answer the questions:

1. Vanilla or C3C (still got an old patch on PTW).
2. Never played solo higher than Monarch (although mad-bax put me at Emperor last game).
3. Yes - Team tao.

Don't think I've had to research flight for a good while now so should be interesting.

Signing up, preferably with Team Wooden Spoon (Tubby Rower)

1. Any version, though C3C is preferred.
2. Emperor, with aspirations to DG.
3. Yes - see above.

umm do I have to sign up? I love playing these games, but alone. Anyway I can get the files?

Put me with the Mad Viking ;)

I'm in!

1.) Conquests
2.) DG
3.) The Chunkyhound Gang. (i.e. Team Chunky from SGOTM7. We'll need more players...)

Now that sounds like a new definition of 'challenge'! I've been waiting for quite a while to sign up to a SG because of RL constraints, but now I've some spare time to share - for the :crazyeye:est SG so far!

1. I have all software versions at hand;
  2. I am an emperor player;
  3. I have been a lurker to the XTEAM and I like the way they communicate, so I could imagine myself to play with them but of course I would go with anybody else, too.

See ya, Bluebox

P.S. I'm really looking forward to the game. I've never build a single helicopter yet!

Count me in -

1. any version is fine (c3c or ptw prefered)
2. can sometimes beat diety, comfortable below that.
3. wherever I land, I still have fun with the folks I've been playing with.

Can we mod in an orithopter with a transport cap of 1 availiable with Invention since Leo drew up the original designs? :mischief:

Thinking about it, this might be the first time I've ever researched Advanced Flight :D

I'm in.

1.) Any version, C3C preferred.
2.) Demi-God on a good day, comfortable with Emperor.
3.) Whoever'll have me. I've actually got a friend who's registering who will likely want to be in the same team, should be posting shortly.

I'd like to join. :)

1) C3C would be best, by far...
2) Capable of Demi-God, quite fine with Emperor.
3) I'm new, but I would request to be placed on the same team as Symphony D.

Top Bottom