New Unit: Shinra SOLDIER from FF VII

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, after almost 2 months, here's the most (un)anticipated unit for Civ 3: The Shinra SOLDIER from Final Fantasy VII.

Some info:

The Shinra corporation, by infusing strong candidates with Jenova cells and Makou energy, created an elite cadre of almost unstoppable super soldiers. These SOLDIERs were instrumental in Shinras global-takover bid, with only the mystic ninjas of Wutai providing any serious resistance. The SOLDIERs ultimate undoing was in the unlikely form of the AVALANCHE freedom fighters, who, using guerilla tactics, managed to not only blow up several Makou reactors, but storm Shinra headquarters as well, defeating many 3rd rank SOLDIERs as well. In later campaigns against Junon and a second assault on the Shinra building, 2nd and 1st class SOLDIERs proved equally unable to defeat the determined band of rebels.

EDIT: I've decided to re-make this unit, since I now have far better props, textures and animation techniques:

Download the new, Improved SOLDIER

Attack A Animation:

SOLDIER.zip (672 K)

Preview:

Attachments

• SOLDIER.gif
    SOLDIER.gif
    128.4 KB · Views: 3,592
:eek: How does he use that sword? :lol:

Sildo said:
:eek: How does he use that sword? :lol:

1) SOLDIER candidates are selected for both physical and mental strength and endurance, and are put through a series of gruelling tests to weed out those who are unsuitible for the next to phases.

2) They are then injected with the cells of Jenova, some kind of wierd, super-powerful space alien, and finally,

3) they are infused with a large amount of Makou energy (high grade magical radiation), which, in total has better and more permanent results than a truckload of steroids.

Glad you like it though ;)

Ah, that explans it (why such a tiny sword) :mischief:

yes!!! ive bin waitin for this for soooo long... fantastic unit! thanks!

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Would you still like an Esthar soldier HT?

Actually, I had already started on the model, but feel free to do so.

Quinzy: I am planning on making a Shiva and Ifrit units eventually.

Oh man, he wields that blade like it was a feather :lol: - actually, if you look at the blade, it kinda looks like a feather too ;)

What's that explosion thingy? AttackA as a booby-trap bomb?

aaglo, i think he casting 'fire', a magic move using the fire materia in FF7

Quinzy said:
aaglo, i think he casting 'fire', a magic move using the fire materia in FF7

Aaglo, Quinzy's dead on the money. In additon to all their other enhancements, SOLDIERs are trained in the use of magic via Materia, and are equipped with the best Materia available. Materia is basically crystalized magic.

:bump: Well, it's only taken me 8 years, but I finally got around to re-doing this unit, since I now have much better props, textures and animations available. I kept the old version for posterity's sake.

Thanks! Also, it's hard to believe I've been working on this mod for almost 10 years....

Yeah, I kinda made this version by combining the original designs from FF VII with the SOLDIERs from Crisis Core, and use the awesome Buster Sword prop (which was based on the Advent Children version) DAZ made available for free a couple years back.

BTW, Man At Arms (the blacksmith on Youtube) actually made a full-scale replica of the Buster Sword, and even using aircraft aluminum for most of the blade (with a high-carbon spring steel insert for the cutting edge), it weighed over 70lbs: In his cutting test montage at the end, he not only cut through the watermelon, but the the table it was sitting on as well, and most cases needed two people to handle it....

Great job on the remake, Hikaro!

Top Bottom