To all those who were disappointed by cIV...

Markstar

Warlord
...you really should have know better! :mischief: As should I, for that matter, but what can I do? I'm a civ addict and after all those good reviews I really thought this would work. But as I said, I should have known. :rolleyes:

After all, we are talking about a company who blames and old engine (Civ2) for their game to be slow (Civ3) which totally does not make sense (I study computer science and know a thing or two about programming), but o.k., fine, blame it on the other guys.

But then they release C3C with a new "feature" (scientific great leaders) which doesn't even work and still, after several years, is not fixed? This should have showed everybody (along with all the other bugs) that Firaxis is either incompetent or they just don't know any better. :rolleyes: Either way, not a good foundation for one of the (supposedly) most complex games out there.

And I hope it's clear that you don't have to expect for things to get better - they won't, at least not the major issue (eg the game being horribly slow). It is likely that the fault is in the engine and they can't speed that up just as they couldn't do it with Civ3 MP.

Anyways, a :wallbash: for me (and you) for falling for it (will be the last time for me though, I promise) and :vomit: for Firaxis' performance (again).

Top Bottom