New and improved Comrade: Russian Shock Infantry 2.0(2/26/06)

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword
My promise to remake the Russian Shock Infantry for Fox Mccloud and Steph has now been forefilled. No Russian Coat this time, as one other person had requested. I think this guy is pretty good and I will probably include him in my mod. Next up is one more Russian, A Holy Hand Grenade, and then a Turk that actually works in game.

Attachments

• RussianAttack.gif
    RussianAttack.gif
    46.6 KB · Views: 3,201
  • Russian Shock Infantry.zip
    448.9 KB · Views: 779
W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Very dark uniform colours- is it based upon a Naval Infantry unit?

Its based on the unit of the same name from Rise of Nations actually, its not a real world uniform I don't believe. Thanks for asking Winter..:)

I'm working on a real world Russian Soldier right now actually.

Thanks for the kind words as always la_dav.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Its based on the unit of the same name from Rise of Nations actually, its not a real world uniform I don't believe. Thanks for asking Winter..:)

I'm working on a real world Russian Soldier right now actually.

Thanks for the kind words as always la_dav.
Nice- I'll be on the lookout for those real russkie previews then ;)

"Da, Comrade! I shall Menacingly brandish my PpSh burp gun at you without actually firing it!"

Most things are good about this unit, except that there is no muzzle flash. Really, you ought find out how to do these in poser. Please.

yeah, it's really easy: just grab the muzzleflash prop that Kinboat made (it's in with his other Poser stuff), and parent it to the end of your gun.... Then have it at 1% scale until you want it to become visible, (which would be every other frame), at which point you set the scale back to whatever looks right for a unit that size.... that's how I did the gunflash for the Al Bhed Machina Hunter.

Other than that, good unit.

You have to keyframe every frame of the animation of the gunflash prop (i.e. frame 1 scale = 1%, frame 2 scale = X% (whatever fits the unit), frame 3 scale = 1 %, etc. That's exactly how I did the attack for the Al Bhed Machina hunter. The key is to have the flash prop parented to the gun prop (use the Heirarchy editor, and drag the gunflash up and drop it on the gun to do so), and the flash will follow the gun, with the alternating frames creating the proper autofire strope FX.

Goldflash: Actually, I could fix Sword's 19th century rifle units by C&P some gunsmoke animations (the same ones I used for the Mithra Ninja's attack anim and the fixes I made to the American Conquests Conversions that Steph did).

Top Bottom