New Version - June 14th (6/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Enemy civilization's units seem to be able to perpetually retreat from melee combat ...

I was wondering how the Barbarians gained the Dodge skill in my new game.:rolleyes:

Moving next to the unit you're attacking, then doing the attack as a separate action MAY work around this (I figured this out just before breaking for lunch, and it worked the one time I tried it).

LOVED that a new version came out the night before I was burning a vacation day.

Just installed the this version. Having the same problem that Glidergun is having. Tech tree doesn't look as it should and can't scroll across, and the game will always crash after pressing the next turn button on turn 2/3.

Only mods I have active are the CBP files, More Luxuries and R.E.D Modpack.

Aw, was just too good to be true. Crashing at the beginning of the game, like others... Here's hoping the problem is a simple one.

Make sure to post on github, guys, and include minidump files and logs.

Interesting "issue" I'm running into: Enemy civilization's units seem to be able to perpetually retreat from melee combat, regardless of the unit. I had an enemy Warrior retreat from a combat it would have died in four times in one turn. I wasn't even aware they had the ability to retreat in the first place, so I must admit that I'm mystified.

Is this a bug or a lovely new features for us Autocracy players that need to find punching bags to hit?

That's odd. Any other mods being used?

Guess we'll have to try how it goes. Thanks anyway.

Thanks anyway? I tested this and it helped quite a bit. Also slightly increased social policy acquisition, so now culture is not quite as hard to come by.

I feel like my post in the Win Rate thread is partially responsible for the significant Carthage nerf. And it is true, I was pretty close to a runaway on the Marathon version of Deity. There were some other good circumstances, but then, there other good circumstances in my second Deity game and I still got stomped by Askia (as Sulie). I feel bad tho. Sorry Dido!

Nah, it was a compilation of factors, really. Dido was just too strong in the early game.

Great work, many thanks. Any plans to incorporate latest version of whoward's dll (v86), or is it already included? I was a bit surprised, as normally this would be stated in the changelog.

No, I have not. I'm not sure what Whoward has added recently, but unless it includes bugfixes I may not add it (depending on the difficulty of merging).

G

Though it's early to say, perheaps Carthage's UA could still provide free Harbors with an additional "and can be used for city connection", similar to how Iroquois can use forest/jungle tiles for land city connections. I may try them later to see if the lighthouse is really a problem for them.

This would apparently be a lot more difficult than it sounds.

Just installed the this version. Having the same problem that Glidergun is having. Tech tree doesn't look as it should and can't scroll across, and the game will always crash after pressing the next turn button on turn 2/3.

Only mods I have active are the CBP files, More Luxuries and R.E.D Modpack.

Same issue here, I will post it on github

Hate to have to bring this up once again, but an AI capturing a barbarian settler, previously owned by another civ still gets to keep the settler, even though if a human makes that exact same interaction we receive a worker.

Well, I'm sorry if I sounded ungrateful. We'll test it for sure. It's just that I expended a lot of time thinking on ways to address the problem, but they were probably too bold for the current state of the mod. And perhaps a bit overdoing, when there were simpler solutions. And it was fun to develop all those things, but I can't help to feel a little bit slightly dissapointed.

You're trying to solve it, you cared and that is what really matters.

So I've got a problem - I'm able to play for a couple turns, and then the game just crashes out. Delete Logs etc. as usual and removed the old set of mods as usual, and keeps doing it whether I install manually or use the auto-installer.

What are the changes/fixes mentioned for puppets? Don't see the additional info anywhere.

Hate to have to bring this up once again, but an AI capturing a barbarian settler, previously owned by another civ still gets to keep the settler, even though if a human makes that exact same interaction we receive a worker.

I've never heard of this bug. Report to github.

I'm not sure where else to bring this up so I'll do this here:

Why hasn't the forum been renamed to Vox Populi yet?

Some day.

Well, I'm sorry if I sounded ungrateful. We'll test it for sure. It's just that I expended a lot of time thinking on ways to address the problem, but they were probably too bold for the current state of the mod. And perhaps a bit overdoing, when there were simpler solutions. And it was fun to develop all those things, but I can't help to feel a little bit slightly dissapointed.

You're trying to solve it, you cared and that is what really matters.

Lots of solutions for a problem that was related to the culture yield curve. Should be better now, and far more elegant.

What are the changes/fixes mentioned for puppets? Don't see the additional info anywhere.

Fixes for puppet production selection.

G

Another update: I completely re-installed Civ 5 as well, and seems to make no difference - the new version crashes every single time at the end of the first turn, no matter what I do. :/

I'm noticing something though that I don't think I've ever seen before - my Warrior/Settler has a button that lets me undo their move if I so desire, and the turn doesn't auto-end like it usually does even if auto-end turn is active. Hmmmm...

I am seeingn lots of LUA errors when attempting to use"JFD's Cities in Development (v 43)" Mod
Tech tree doesn't show right and I can't pick a production. The same overall mods worked in the previous versions.
Even the COTHON has a LUA error on the initial Game load for a new game

Runtime Error: C:\Users\rsorrell\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 43)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\ToolTips\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:1354: attempt to call method 'GetCorporationYieldModChange' (a nil value)

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    42.7 KB · Views: 58
I am seeingn lots of LUA errors when attempting to use"JFD's Cities in Development (v 43)" Mod
Tech tree doesn't show right and I can't pick a production. The same overall mods worked in the previous versions.
Even the COTHON has a LUA error on the initial Game load for a new game

Runtime Error: C:\Users\rsorrell\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 43)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\ToolTips\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:1354: attempt to call method 'GetCorporationYieldModChange' (a nil value)

Corporations have changed dramatically in this version, and JFD will need to update his lua to adjust for this. Please report to him, and in the meantime don't use CID.

G

Please, if you rename the forum into Vox Populi, you should ask to add some big pinned message in the Communitas subforum. The reason I got here in the first place was that I had discovered Communitas from the Steam workshop, and then clicked on the wrong link while searching for the associated forum. Which got me here :D

Actually, I think the playerbase could grow faster were the mod clearly advertised as Communitas' successor everywhere Communitas is.

Actually, I think the playerbase could grow faster were the mod clearly advertised as Communitas' successor everywhere Communitas is.

But it isn't communitas successor, it got almost nothing to do with communitas.

But it isn't communitas successor, it got almost nothing to do with communitas.

Well, I had done a quick search, feeling the situation was confusing, and I found this thread :
https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/2rvt5p/mod_announcement_for_civilization_v_community/

As said by a LoneGazebo one :
It is a successor to the Communitas Mod. Most of the people that worked on Communitas (minus Thal himself) moved on to work on this mod. The Community Patch includes the majority of the changes of the Communitas mod, but since we re-wrote it all in the DLL (instead of LUA), it doesn't have the performance impact of Communitas. I should probably note that in the first post.

But maybe there's a fraud pretending to be Gazebo :D

The Reddit quote from @Gazebo is correct. All the Communitas crew except for @Thallasicus switched over to this mod. Sadly everyone including myself were taking away to other things and @Gazebo was left to do it all himself. Now there are many more working on it of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom