2 new AA guns

sharick

Warlord
Unlike other units these ones were modelled by me. Now, according to documentation that just came out you shouldn't excede 1000 polgons, so I tried not to. Therefore many details were left out but considering the scale it's not a big deal. I also wanted to put gunners by simply adding renderable biped, but this guy alone has ~1400 polys.

1. Bofors 40mm AA Gun - very succesful swedish design, used by many nations, can be used as a generic light AA gun for all civs in 1930-1980 mods. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/40_mm_Bofors

Screenshot / polycount

2. German 8,8cm FlaK - AA version (AT will follow shortly). I guess it can be used as a generic heavy AA gun because other designs look more or less similar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flak_88

Screenshot / polycount

Thanks Paasky for motivation. You really made me do those when I saw XVIII cannon as your light AA choice :p

EDIT: More and more ppl are making units, which is very good. I just want to announce which units I'll be making next to avoid doubling the work by others.
And the winner is...
V1, V2 rockets and Cruise missile

Attachments

• lightAA.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,217
  • flak88.zip
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,461
Awesome work Sharik!
I hope this is in the next version of WWII SF&B! It will be great.

I hop you are able to provide tons of UU for that scenario (maybe finnish ski infantry? or more Panzers? Field Artillery? City Garrisons?)

Good work keeping up your progress as the best modeller on here. (no offense to others)

Thank you! It's just so much more fun to play this mod with custom units.
Btw. all the units are free to use for everybody who wants to.

Very nice and i mean it ! And you are very productive too ! You make a couple of new models every day..amazing speed.
And i think it's possible to attach some ingame bepeds to your models, for example infantry unit, it should't be very difficult but that's the job for coders.

WOW! I am blown away. I cannot wait for Paaskys' finished product using your new units (really awesome job by the way) as well as the other incredible units done by others.

These are freaking amazing man! I especially love the german one. Finally something that actually looks like it can take down a plane. Now, if you could animate them, that would be the cherry on the top - some really satisfying "boom", flak cloud in the sky, and a really wicked recoil that shakes the whole thing. :D

Btw, as far as adding a crew to these things, you don't even have to put it into the model, you can just do it with XML files (although these of course won't have matching animations but still). Check out seZereth's regiments mod for an example of how to do it.

P.S. I was going to try my hand at making a rocket but I guess I'll stick with werewolves and wizards. :cheers:

I just realized you put in what you're making next. That's a great idea. We both seem to have similar tastes in units (I was making a Tiger the same time you posted yours, and I was thinking of making a duce and a half and you made the opel blitz). Now we definitely won't have overlap! NICE!

-Smitty

great units. One idea if possible can it have a proximity attack of say 2 agains helicopters make great defence during advance if stacked in armies

Top Bottom