Playing Civ III in high-res or widescreen?

GEChallenger

lurking
Howdy, haven't been around here in forever. I dusted off my old copy of Civ III the other day (Civ IV is too complicated for me to learn right now :crazyeye:) and realized that the game was waaay distorted to fit my screen... I was wondering if anyone figured out a tweak to get it to open up to higher resolution screens (just by expanding the window area). Mine is a 1440 x 900 widescreen, incidentally.

Thanks!

I know how to do it in conquets, but not vanilla. Under the conquests directory there should be a file called 'conquests.ini'. Change KeepRes=0 to KeepRes=1. Your standard screen resolution should be kept. Hope this helps.

Stormrage said:
Um...snafusmith?... In your sig it says you are making the WH steam tank? But aaglo already made one...:confused:

:hmm: You forgot to update your sig?
Check the images attached with snafusmith's units, you'll see he makes units for Civ4. ;)
This should happen more and more...

Just add it in there somewhere.... You see, certain lines default to certain values. For instance, the NoAIPatrol = 0 is not normally in the .ini file, but the game assumes that it is set to 0 if no entry is made, and by adding NoAIPatrol = 1, you can actually have barbs that are somewhat challenging, and it doesn't matter where you add that line. I assume that it should be the same for KeepRes = 1....

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks for the explanation.

What is NoAIPatrol? Does it stop the AI from hunting down barbarians and privateers?

And while I'm on this, is there a list of INI functions anywhere?

Basically, NoAIPatrol keeps the AI from sending its units on patrol, and basically when it's on, the barbs will hardly ever move from their camp, and won't chase any unit unless it is directly in line with it, but not diagonal.... It makes the barbs very easy to deal with, even on raging, which is why I always set NoAIPatrol to 0

Top Bottom