F-117 Nighthawk

nautil

Warlord
As it was requested, here comes rugged F-117 Nighthawk

The model turned out to be pretty simple, just a couple of pyramids and boxes, in total just 400 polys, all thanks to plane's pointed shape.
Next in line are SU-47 and probably Tu-160
Enjoy !

N.B. I've made some changes in nif file, and i'm not sure if death animation works correctly, so please if you encounter any abnormalities report it here.

P.S. How to add new units guide

Attachments

• f117render.jpg
    f117render.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,049
  • f117screen.jpg
    f117screen.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,605
  • f117polycount.jpg
    f117polycount.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 570
  • f117.zip
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,089
Looks awesome nautil :thumbsup: As always you did especially good job on the texture.

One again you have delighted everyone.

This one is simple incredible- for something so simple (as you explained it) this model is just so elegant. Like a black, deadly, flying iPod.

Thumbs up!

eoo2 said:
Like a black, deadly, flying iPod.
:rotfl:
I can just see the US Army advertisement - "Join an Army of One, and you might find yourself in a black, deadly and flying iPod." Then cut to shots of the F-117 flybys stylized to look like those "shadow outlines" in the iPod commercials.

Ok, I just had to do it. :D

Ok, back to topic now (sorry about that).

I can just see the US Army advertisement - "Join an Army of One, and you might find yourself in a black, deadly and flying iPod." Then cut to shots of the F-117 flybys stylized to look like those "shadow outlines" in the iPod commercials.

Yeah, like the we would ever let the Army touch our planes... especially the F117. No. Dice. Fish.

Yeah, back to topic. I've said it, but it's still true. Nice job.

question time:

I want to add this in (yes I know about the link way up top, thanks for putting it there btw, because I'm an idiot at this so far) and I want to make it so the F-117:

Can - Strike Ground targets and actually Kill them

Can't - When striking ground targets give collateral damage (it's a percision tradeoff thing in my mind, make's things interesting)
Can't - Can't fly off of a carrier
Can't - intercept enemy fighters/bombers
Can't - can't be intercepted by (or at least have an exceedingly low chance of being interecepted)

I'd also in general like to increase the ammount of damage a ground unit can be dropped down to, I'd like to weaken the units down to about 25% of full strength. And also increase the likelyhood of aircraft getting shot down (or at least increase the damage they take in general).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

~C

when you go to unitinfos.xml to place the unitxml just use the steath bomber unitinfo and change the bit that you want to change I'll do the xml if ya want

Crighton said:
I'll bear your children for you if you could post the answers to what i posted above (or if not bear your children sacrifice someone else's children for you)

Give me half an hour then i'll post it on here for you to add

sorry it took longer than half an hour had trouble with it it doesn't matter how powerfull i made it i cant get it to kill in one run the highest i can get is 85% damage which is strange as on the second run i take another 85% (so its well dead :lol: ) but you can't load it onto a carrier or intercept it and like you wanted can't be used for interception.

ok the F117 with all the xml's for it ie: civ4gametextinfos_objects.xml,
civ4unitinfos.xml, civ4artdefines_unit.xml etc. just download and add to the right xml files DON'T drop each file inplace as i've only done the xml for the
F117 no other units are included enter the files and copy and paste my xml to the bottom of each xml file in this download find customassets\art\units\f117 drop this file into your customassets\art\units (this is the only file you can drag and drop the rest you have to copy and paste the text for each one)

Cool. But even a F117 should have a minor chance of being intercepted. Even if it only is 5% or so.

Crighton said:
BLESS YOU SIR!!

I shallname my first clone after thee.

Many, many thanks.

~Crighton

Anytime, shame I couldn't get the one run one kill done but at least i got most of it for ya ;)

Hello, I find this unit superb but when I add it I do not have bombs in animation bombardment. Is this situation it normal?

Top Bottom