Aloha PBEM or pitboss game(s)

robboo

Deity
Ok there has beeen some discussion on startgin a PBEM or pitboss game. We have established so far taht none of us quite want the burden to run teh pitboss game or we arent capable.

So other ideas include a limited PBEM game. We could have 2 or 3 of these goign on and play a sort of tournement. We could pair up adn do some sort of ladder type thing also.

SO if you are intersted post here adn say what you are interested in doing.

I am open for all of the above except I cannot host the pitboss game..my computer sucks and has to be used to do other things that are not compatible with a running program. Besides its too noisey next to my bed to leave on all night...well my wife said that. I could sleep through a bad hurricane knocking things agaisnt the house and did recently with Katrina and Rita.

I'm happy to participate

Actually, I tried to install civ4 on my computer, it seems to work. I didn't have time to check with pitboss though, and I am going to Finland over the weekend. :(

I also have another Idea that I want to try out, a variant of demogame. Or more of a "Hereditary Rule" game. We chose a civ and a map (Catherine, pangea, standard?), then we play 15 turns each (or something like that) in a row.
For example, Robbo, robi and I decide to run a game.
robbo plays to turn 15.
after him robi takes over and play to turn 30
then I take over and plays to turn 45.
And after me we start over with robbo.
Could this be something?

I would like to try Pitboss or PBEM. I have no prior multiplayer experience in civ4.

MrC said:
Actually, I tried to install civ4 on my computer, it seems to work. I didn't have time to check with pitboss though, and I am going to Finland over the weekend. :(

I also have another Idea that I want to try out, a variant of demogame. Or more of a "Hereditary Rule" game. We chose a civ and a map (Catherine, pangea, standard?), then we play 15 turns each (or something like that) in a row.
For example, Robbo, robi and I decide to run a game.
robbo plays to turn 15.
after him robi takes over and play to turn 30
then I take over and plays to turn 45.
And after me we start over with robbo.
Could this be something?

you mean an SG? succession game? Might be the best option if we have quite a lot of people wanting to play and no chance of pitboss.

Well, that is what I meant. How should I now that something I thought up has a name? :(

MrC said:
Well, that is what I meant. How should I now that something I thought up has a name? :(

lol :D well there are a couple of forums about it :) but im up for whatever everyone else wants to do, wouldnt mind a PBEM or something along them lines more than an SG though.

I can test and install pitboss on tuesday after work. Now off to a barbaric land!

looks like we might be starting soon..yall want to can this or continue this game idea.

PATCH yipeeee....

I still wouldn't mind doing a pbem on the side, in fact it could be helpful as there are quite a few changes to the game, like forest chops yielding less and the costs of some civics changing are just 2 off the top of my head. So playing a game would help us get a feel for the new rules

So far its

robboo
Robi D
bclg100
MrC
Kuningus

Anyone else...if its just us 5 then a PBEM might work OK.

Shall we wait till mr C gets back to see if we can use pitboss? that way a couple of others could play as well.

yeah I am in no hurry adn i think George is also away.

I'm here, but being Domestic Minister in two games, running the Intelligence Department, and being involved in the big PB game, I just didn't want to join another game right now.

Geez, I decide to spend one day away from cf.com and eveyone thinks I died. :p

we'll you were dead in the mafia game so naturally we thought you was in real life as well.......

Hi, I will check the new patch and pitboss when I come home, I am at work right now.

Top Bottom