What would you do if the USA actually nuked Iran?

ComradeDavo

Formerly God
So, saw some report in the paper today about Bush refusing to rule out a nuclear strike on Iran or something. I really don't think he would be dumb enough to actually nuke Iran, but it got me thinking - if he did what you do about it?

Would you just sit on here and complain? Would you support it? Or would you protest? If you did protest to what extent would it be?

And what do you think consequences of such a strike would be? How would the world react?

ComradeDavo said:
So, saw some report in the paper today about Bush refusing to rule out a nuclear strike on Iran or something. I really don't think he would be dumb enough to actually nuke Iran, but it got me thinking - if he did what you do about it?

Would you just sit on here and complain? Would you support it? Or would you protest? If you did protest to what extent would it be?

And what do you think consequences of such a strike would be? How would the world react?

Why do you really think he is not dumb enough?
Any real evidence?

I'd stare at the television and be like... "Holy ****."

I'd watch the "End of the World" flash again.

Capulet said:
I'd stare at the television and be like... "Holy ****."

Same thing, then I would probably pace around trying to make sure this is reality. Then contiune to watch the news to know more about what is happening, then I would call someone and tell them. After that its harder to predict.

I would be behind this action 98%. I would prefer it if we (or Israel) were able to neutralize Iran using conventional means, but if that is what the administration decides is neccesary to keep me from getting nuked by islamic terrorists, then I support them.

jamiethearcher said:
I would be behind this action 98%. I would prefer it if we (or Israel) were able to neutralize Iran using conventional means, but if that is what the administration decides is neccesary to keep me from getting nuked by islamic terrorists, then I support them.
Are you saying if the Iranians is fully functioning a nuclear reactor and successfully made their first nuked and tested it,that any terrorist that want to do harm to USA and its allies,all they have to do is knock on Tehran's door and ask for a price?

If this is the basis of your fear,does this mean that if indeed Iran did have nuculear weapons,what make you think the Iranians will sell nuclear weapon to terrorists?

JtheJackal said:
Same thing, then I would probably pace around trying to make sure this is reality. Then contiune to watch the news to know more about what is happening, then I would call someone and tell them. After that its harder to predict.
Me too. But a drive to Washington to joint the massive protest might in order.

I just don’t see Bush resorting to Nuclear Weapons. It would be too insane and we’d end up having the same international popularity the Third Reich enjoyed during the 40s.

I don't think that America would use nukes when it has very powerful bunker-busting conventional weapons that could achieve the same affect. Nukes have become so hated in the eyes of every civilized person that it would be plain political suicide. But if all other means are failing to stop Iran from getting nukes (including diplomatically) then I think it just might be worth it.

Probably take a lot of crap from a lot of people, considering this is my line of study...

Riesstiu IV said:
I just don’t see Bush resorting to Nuclear Weapons. It would be too insane and we’d end up having the same international popularity the Third Reich enjoyed during the 40s.

The bunkers are deep down, though. I'm not sure if two missiles would do the trick (one to blast away some dirt, and the other to penetrate). It would be quite ironic if the US did use nukes (gives new meaning to fighting fire with fire...). I'm not sure what the world reaction would be... on the one hand, the nukes would be in isolated areas, and everyone hates Iran anyway. On the other hand, just the thought of using nukes might irk some.

I'm not sure what I'd do - probably get my family to go up to Pennsylvania and stay there for the day just in case Russia gets ticked off about too many nukes and decides to start WWIII.

Much like 9Sept day :
As every day, I would be at work. Staring at the medias for 15 minutes, than going back to work.
Life is not only about nuclear romance, behind the scene the everyday people have to make it go on.

ComradeDavo said:

Highly unlikely scenerio. But I would protest the decision as an utterly insane, unbelievably inhuman action.
How would the world react? Depends on how much the media told us about it.

Yeah, some people might through a hissy fit about it, but what are they going to do? They were too spineless to stand up to the Taliban, Iraq, and now Iran, WTF would they do to the most powerful country in the world?

I personally, wouldn't mind much, if thats what it takes, then thats what it takes. Using small scale tactical nukes to take out nuclear facilities is not comparable to an attack on cities, or other large civilian sectors.

capslock said:
Yeah, some people might through a hissy fit about it, but what are they going to do? They were too spineless to stand up to the Taliban, Iraq, and now Iran, WTF would they do to the most powerful country in the world?

I personally, wouldn't mind much, if thats what it takes, then thats what it takes. Using small scale tactical nukes to take out nuclear facilities is not comparable to an attack on cities, or other large civilian sectors.

You cant' seriously believe that America wouldn't face any kind retaliation for that.

Top Bottom