Saving the Nation of Iron: KISS and Iroqi Invasion

greekguy

Missed the Boat
ok, to start off this game is not over. granted we are in a pretty bad position, stuck between Donuts and Idiots, but we still have a shot at surviving and eventually thriving. i'll now present my proposal to save our country and defeat our enemies.

Now, as well all can see, we have to so much territory atm, and 2 vicious enemies closing in, that we can't defend all the land we currently occupy. thus, i believe we need to abandon some of our cities and hope to defend our core, beat the enemies in a war of atrrition, and hope MIA help gets here sooner, rather than later (or never). if we can keep our core intact, weaken D'Nuts severely and defend against KISS, MIA should be able to rip up D'Nuts. also, we need to remember that D'Nuts may have surprise on their side, but they don't have power. we have a strong military compared to them, and their still a little weak in most areas from our earlier war. so, this is what i think we should do on this turn:

City production and Unit Moves

- abandon Fort Carbonperoxides
- have pike in Fort C. pillage banana tile south of Fort C. this will give D'Nuts one less road into our empire and will hopefully occupy a few MW's trying to kill our pike
- take pike on tile north of Fort Incendiary and pike south of Fort I. and move them into Fort I. take 2 pikes in Dynopolis and move them into Fort I. we can make our stand against first wave of MWs in Fort I.
- switch production of library in Fort I. to walls, they'll finish next turn
- rush barracks in vbraunopolis for 132 gold
- switch production in Dynopolis from worker to pike, continue pumping units from Dyno for rest of war
- start pumping units from Carpetbomb
- rush library in Unabomb for 88 gold
- move pike out of Carpetbomb and move it south
- horse will finish in Semtex in 2 turns, start on settler once horse build
- total gold spent on rushes: 220 gold

New City Settling

Right now i believe the safest place on our continent is the unsettled area west of our empire. If we can settle cities there and get them up and running somewhat, we can have a second "core" to fall back on in case KISS and D'Nuts overwhelm our forces. think of it as building a contingency core, in case we get outgunned by our enemies.
- Semtex and :banana: can supply the settlers, while switching between settelrs and units in production, to allow the pop to grow back.
- still build city in NE corner by KISS cities, near our pike. this city should put pressure on Galls

Foreign Affairs

-don't talk to either of our enemies, they are obviously not interested in peace
- convince MIA to declare war on D'Nuts, and possibly (but probably not gonna happen) KISS. i'll make this my personal mission to get MIA at war with the Iroqi and sending troops over to destroy the Iroqi core
- acquire Chivalry from MIA and start building some knights!!

Military Actions

- i suggest we build a couple more pikes and then try to raze at least one KISS city with our Immortal/Treb stack. we have all these units, might as well try to take out 1 KISS city to show we're still alive
- Auda City would be the best target, as it is the newest city and will take away Ivory from the Galls
- build up our forces, building a combo of Knights, pikes, Immortals, and trebs and then attack with all our force to try to raze KISS cities and destroy Iroqi military.
- try to coordinate actions with MIA against Iroqi once they declare war

now that i've said my ideas, please everybody post comments, opinions, ideas, plans, and any advice you can. we need everyone's input on this one. DZ, BCLG, Tim, Theoden, lost_civ, Vind2, donsig, Strider, everyone please post and help save our nation!! to any lurkers out there: now's the time to post! :)

If anyone really wants to save our country we need someone to play the turns. If this were a chess game I'd resign our position so I don't feel like playing it out.

I agree that we should make our stand against the D' Nuts in Fort I. I suggest we move all of our immortals down into Fort I also, then we can kill of the Mounted Warriors when they come to attack.

Keep moving our settler North of the three K.I.S.S. cities and settle it where we were going to.

We need to at the least get M.I.A. to declare war against the nuts, but it would be even better if they declared war against K.I.S.S. If they can keep the galls of our backs, we can handle the nuts. I suggest we tell them the truth, pure and simple. Tell M.I.A. that unless they declare war on the galls and get them off our backs... this war is over.

We are on all out war now people, that settler we should add to a city, the city near the iron would probably be best.

I disagree that we make a stand against the nutters at fort incendiary, we will not be able to attack them with any immortals as the jungle will give them a defensive bonus.

We should leave a couple of pikes there to make it look like we are making a stand there, however i believe the stand should be at vbraunopolis and dyonopolis.

We NEED to stop thinking about settling right now, we wont have the units to defend this empire. Move every pike around grenadeopolis into it and the pike we're leaving as a guard start moving that back up except 2, put them on the iron, move the pike up from carpetbomb and put it in grenadopolis.. Add the settler to grenadeopolis as we dont have enough units to defend it.

The pike in fort carbondexeris should ignore the road with gems on but go for the road above that, with the pike above both pillaging them 2 pieces of road.

Change semtex from horse to an immortal, there just better, i disagree on the need for chivalry they only add one extra attack point but are greater production which means we cant pump as many out, so the only thing we could use is as a trade.

Split the immortal treb stack in half, one half go up to grenadeopolis and plant them on the iron, letting them defend that and also attack. the other half should go down to vbraunopolis.

Rush every barracks that we canand i agree about the library walls switch, rush as many units as we can that have been built for one turn, initially we need to be going for pikes to defend our nation.

Also could someone post a screenshot as i cant see the save so my ideas may be a bit out as im judging from the turn before last, however the majority of what i said still stands.

Basically-

No new cities
No more settling
No freakin horses
More Pikes
Add All workers and settlers to cities-stops them being captured but also gives us production and commerce bonuses we can always build more if we survive.

donsig said:
If anyone really wants to save our country we need someone to play the turns. If this were a chess game I'd resign our position so I don't feel like playing it out.

I'll play. When do we expect the next turn?

Here's something I wrote in the Iroqi war thread:

I actually came to the same conclusion as donsig before even reading this.

With the Galls, there exists from this team a bit of begrudging respect, and therefore a desire not to prolong the obvious. However, throwing everything at the Iroqis would allow us to right the wrong of breaking a trade deal to dogpile on your neighbor. No matter what, the Nutters should not win this game, and we should do whatever we can to ensure that.

In a sense, with our actions we almost get to "vote" on whom we feel should win this game. And I would rather "vote" for the team that played the game best, the team that was smart enough to neutralize (or is that neuter?) its biggest rival into believing that honor was important in this type of game, than "vote" for a team so steeped in its own definition of honor that it cannot even deign to take pre-emptive action against its own slow demise.

Plus, if we bum rush the Nutters, we may actually gain some of their cities, KISS may become complacent and quit sending units to our shores, and we may be able to hold out long enough for the silly peace treaty between MIA/KISS (that wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on if the situation were reversed) to expire.

Let's send everything we have toward the land of Donuts! It's our only hope.

I have to look at the save to get a feel for things. I'll be back later.

Donovan_Zoi said:
I actually came to the same conclusion as donsig before even reading this.

With the Galls, there exists from this team a bit of begrudging respect, and therefore a desire not to prolong the obvious. However, throwing everything at the Iroqis would allow us to right the wrong of breaking a trade deal to dogpile on your neighbor. No matter what, the Nutters should not win this game, and we should do whatever we can to ensure that.

In a sense, with our actions we almost get to "vote" on whom we feel should win this game. And I would rather "vote" for the team that played the game best, the team that was smart enough to neutralize (or is that neuter?) its biggest rival into believing that honor was important in this type of game, than "vote" for a team so steeped in its own definition of honor that it cannot even deign to take pre-emptive action against its own slow demise.

Plus, if we bum rush the Nutters, we may actually gain some of their cities, KISS may become complacent and quit sending units to our shores, and we may be able to hold out long enough for the silly peace treaty between MIA/KISS (that wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on if the situation were reversed) to expire.

Let's send everything we have toward the land of Donuts! It's our only hope.

I'm going to have to agree with this partly.

Our chances of winning have been low the entire game, nothing really has changed. Yet, we still have the power to determine who wins this game... and who doesn't.

I say we drop the mindset that we can win this... and instead take an entirely differant view on the game. Instead of deciding on what would be best for us, lets look at what would be worst for our enemies. So what if we lose acouple million immortals in the process? Let's annoy the living hell out of the galls and nuts.

Do we have any horsemen left? If we do.. lets use the road to M. Keep and send them down to nut terrority.. pillage some roads and maybe nab us a worker or two.

Lets have some fun, a few good laughs, and piss some people off in the process.

can someone play the save as soon as possible, for this turn i think we should do my plans and then we can plan the attack on the nutters following that, we need to be able to gear our economy even more towards war.

Strider and DZ, i rather not give up. it is still possible to survive this war and make a comeback later in the game. if we get MIA to declare on D'Nuts, we will survive the war. MIA has a huge army, which will plow through the Iroqi core extremely easily. If we get MIA to occupy D'Nuts, we can focus on the Galls and keep our country alive.

BCLG, i don't think we should abandon Fort I. Fort I. can be easily defended, and if we cut off the road between Fort I. and the jungle like you said, we can take out MWs fairly easily. Also, i think we should build that new city in the Northeast corner. i admit building new cities elsewhere doesn't sound like a good idea anymore, but we can't let the Galls get more land. we need to make sure they don't take that patch of land from us.

oh i dont think we should abandon it at all, however the bulk of our defence should be focused on vbraunopolis as this gives us open plains to launch a counter attack and is nearer to our core so we can reinforce it quickly and easily.

I think though it doesnt matter if they get more land we should still add it to our cities as we simply dont have anything to defend it with and a more productive core will mean that we can take cities of KISS rather than settle our own.

Btw sorry if my comment in the main forum seemed a bit pompous or whatever but i didnt want everyone counting us out.

I'll play the next save if no one minds, but I won't beable to do it for atleast 6 hours.

I'll follow most of what greekguy as for rushes and unit movements. I'll take the settler in the North west and move him back. BCLG is right, if we can boost the production somewhere else, it'll be worth more. As for Fort I., might as well keep it around... if worst comes to worst.. we can always abandon it next turn and make VBruanopolis our defensive line.

Sound okay to everyone?

Pillage as much roads as we can towards fort I.

Also add as many workers to cities as we can, we dont want these captured and they might boost production.

Okay guys, we also have to worry about those K.I.S.S. boats MIA reported to us. My best guess is that they are heading for our northern coastal cities.

Should we move our immortals up that way?

i think we should keep our trebs up in the North to defend from KISS invading our northern coast. we also should have some immortals up there, but we need them to attack Iroqi too...i say split the Immortal stack 60%-40%, with 60% staying to kill KISS units, the other 40% picking off MWs coming out of the jungle.

btw, Strider, did you abandon Fort C?

greekguy said:
i think we should keep our trebs up in the North to defend from KISS invading our northern coast. we also should have some immortals up there, but we need them to attack Iroqi too...i say split the Immortal stack 60%-40%, with 60% staying to kill KISS units, the other 40% picking off MWs coming out of the jungle.

Yeah, I abandoned Fort C, moved the pike from the city down and pillaged the road on the banana.

greekguy said:

i think we should move the 40% to vbraun as its more easily defendable.

Vind2 said:
You ever think that Kiss and d-nuts have an alliance going hear? As soon as we move units to the south Kiss will porobaly attack.

They don't have an alliance per say. the KISS-D'Nut relationship is basically the Iroqi do what KISS tells them, and in return, D'Nuts stay alive and get a little piece of the pie when it comes to techs, conquered land, cash, etc.

but to answer your question, KISS does have some boats loaded with troops that will soon attack us on the coast, because they are timing it with the Iroqi invasion.

Strider said:
I say we drop the mindset that we can win this... and instead take an entirely differant view on the game. Instead of deciding on what would be best for us, lets look at what would be worst for our enemies. So what if we lose acouple million immortals in the process? Let's annoy the living hell out of the galls and nuts.

I agree we can't win but I think we were put in that position by Greek Honor. They are the enemy even more than the Galls or Iroqi. I still say we should throw everything at the Iroqi.

Top Bottom