Saving the Nation of Iron: KISS and Iroqi Invasion

Well i opened our gmail and the save was with us but i also didnt notice any battle logs, strangely. Still without a working conquests so cant open it :(

i took a look at the save. D'Nuts didn't attack, they're still gathering their troops, they've got a bunch of MWs 1 tile from Fort I. The Galls' gallies unloaded their cargo, loads of longbows and pikes. we don't have enough troops in the are to defend Grenadapolis. we could abandon the town or put up a fight, kill what we can, heal up our Immortals, and try to retake the city.

That isn't an option then since we need to continously build immortals, and it would take to long if we stopped to hook up another source, though we should start on that if we haven't because if they know that the iron is there (Did the nutters have an embassy before they declared war? KISS might have bought a look) then the city is going to become a focus point, especially since they know we only have 1 Iron hooked up (they started an embessy, right?).

How many out of our total amount of workers have we integrated into our cities anyway?

here's a pic of the Gallic front. i even labeled what troops are in the 3 big stacks. :) here ya go:

also, we need to do something about this Nubian horse barb, who can pillage Semtex this turn if he chooses:

some answers to some questions:

- we have 12 workers still not joined with cities
- there is another source of iron at the western end of our empire, but it is not hooked up. it is 2 spaces away from Provobomb, so we could technically hook it up if we need to. you can see it in the left end of the barb pic
- oddly enough we have an embassy with KISS and D'Nuts, but not MIA. KISS built it with us a long time ago, forget who paid for the Iroqi one though

Well we obviously have to hook up the iron a.s.a.p.

I think we should fortify as much as we can in the city, we could maybe take a few bows out so in a couple of turns we could attack it back. Move the pike up from carpetbomb as well and all the ones from the iron. there is a very small chance we can keep hold of the city. Also mm the city so nothing is being produced, hopefully it may drop a pop point before it changes hands :)

the rest of the workers need to be added to cities immediatly.

Vind2 said:
The barb looks like it's gonna ransack the city to restart production. Is Grenadopolis undefeanded?

yes, otherwise the galley wouldnt show up but there are pikes outside it.

no that'd just be pointless because then they'd have a city from which to attack the pikes, or they may just not attack at all because they are only pikes and not really important.

Vind2 said:
I think we should keep the pikes on the hill so we can see what they are doing. Maybe movev 1 pike onto the city.

if they capture the city we will lose our iron. we won't be able to hook up the other iron source in the west for several turns. we've got to at least put up a fight in Grenadapolis, and try to save the city. the immortals will heal up in a few turns, and then we will be able to get the city back if we lose it, but we should try to do some damage to the stack now.

I see your point now. (or at least i think i do) Move pikes into city. Try and take ou as many Longbows aspossible. once the Imortalls heal up send them up to retake the city.

Titanic (4/4 galley) sailed out of Grendopolis and attacked the A.R.S.E. Igor's Hope.
Titanic lost 2 hp, A.R.S.E. Igor's Hope sunk.

Som (4/4 horseman) sallied forth from Fort Incendiary and attacked GS squad 8.

Som lost 3 hp, GS squad 8 killed.

KISS battle log-we lost grenade and 2 workers :( Battle of Grenadapolis:

LB dies to pike (1/3)

LB kills pike (4/4)
LB kills redlined pike and we raze the town
A worker is captured in town and another outside of town on the iron hill.

In the coast near Carpetbomb:

Perky Galley sinks the Titanic without a scratch (4/4)

nutters battlelogs said:
Battle log:
vbraunopolis captured.

they would be in range of our core cities so i think we should abandon FI and pull back its defenders to our core cities. Unless we want to make our last stand at FI?

it looks like D'Nuts don't care about Fort I, but we need those pikes up north to defend our core...so we should probably just abandon Fort I. and send our pikes north to defend what's left of our empire.

BCLG100 said:
i agree gg, however can anyone play the save?

I can in about 2 hours. Not at home at the moment.

Top Bottom