Heretic_Cata's All in One Mod - Expansion

Heretic_Cata

We're gonna live forever
Heretic_Cata's "All in One" Epic Mod

THE EXPANSION HAS ARRIVED !!!

This mod is dedicated to the Civfanatics comunity. It is my thanks to all of you here. :)

Released: 22-July-2006
Expansion released: 15-February-2007
Requirements: Civ3:Conquests 1.22

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you've played my mod before and you would like to know what the new stuff the expansion has then look for the writing in red in the first and second posts. :)

Introduction:

Hi there ! :wavey:
My mod is a result of roughly 2 years of work (with large pauses :D). There were 2 other rough versions of the mod during these years, but none of them got on the forum ...
So this is my first released mod. :)

The expansion too about 6 months to make - again with very large pauses. :) You don't need the previous version to play this mod.
This will be my only major contribution to the Civilization3 community.
So, i am announcing my retirement from modding civ3.

Download:

For users with average to high-speed connections: ALMOST DIRECT LINK (131 MB archive)
Initial link was removed after 530 downloads.

For users with Crappy connections: (some things have been removed to make the mod smaller) ALMOST DIRECT LINK ... (61 MB archive) If you would like a real dialup version with several packs please request it here and i'll make one. :)
Initial link was removed after 35 downloads.

Also, please dl the patches from this post. To make the game work properly.

If you want to play my mod on an Earth Map, please download this; and put it in your scenarios folder. Be warned tho, it will be a somewhat different experience than on a random map. ;)

Instalation:

Unzip the file into your "Civ3\Conquests\Scenarios" folder. The mod won't work if you throw it anywhere else.

New Concepts:

The mod is basicaly built around the standard epic game, but it has quite a few new concepts ...

--> Civ-specific wonders - Each civ has a specific wonder that become available at certain moments in time.
--> Positive-Negative buildings - Building a structure no longer necesarely means a benefit for your civ. Some buildings (wonders & improvements) have a negative effect as well as a positive one. It is up to you to figure out if your civ can take the bad effect in order to get an advantage.
--> Religions - Each civ starts with a pre-determined researchable & buildable religion.
--> Freelancer Guilds - You can find these as resources scattered around everywhere. This will provide a steady source of troups. However, depending on the region you are in, you can hire different types of freelancers. :mischief:
--> Negative bonus resources - You'll get pissed when you see one of these things ruin a perfectly good city location. And you'll get even more pissed some of these will appear later in the game right in the middle of your empire.
--> Unique resources - There is only one of each on the map. Be sure not to miss them.
--> "Guard Tower" Type units - You can build these to defend your cities from attacks.
--> Mountains,jungles and marshes are now impassable. But don't fear of getting stuck in a box, all workers can road those terrains.
--> Special rules for reducing loading times.

Here are the numbers:

71 Improvements
85 Great Wonders
54 Small Wonders
24 New Resources
46 New Units
The expansion has brought:
34 New Buildings
20 New Units
2 New Resources

Check the second post to find the optimal conditions for playing my mod and to read a bit more about the mod itself.

How the game was tested:

I started constructing the game as more suited for my personal game style. I like to play Huge maps and extremley long games, so i never tested the mod on small scales. But i'm sure some of you will try it on small & tiny maps. Just don't expect the most thorough placement of resources.

Also, i would like to recomend people to play with a RANDOM civ because the civ-specific wonders are not balanced, and i don't want them balanced either, because everyone did not get an equal start in history. :p But if one is waaaay to strong please ask about it here, and i'll see what i can do about it.
And another thing, if you play a regicide/mass regicide games you will be able to use the Ninja and the Covert Operative properly. (they are the King-Slayer units)

History of the mod:

I started working on the mod (aprox) 2 years ago, of course i never thought of all the stuff that is in it then. I just added a lot of things on the way, and this is the result. Btw, i didn't work 2 years non-stop, i had several brakes of 6 months or so. The mod was supposed to be MUCH bigger and MUCH more complex than it is now. If you are wondering why the mod is called "All in one" it's because when i found out the limitations of the editor i realised i couldn't create my mod as i wanted it to be; so i decided to split it into 2 mods.
So this mod is the rough combination of the 2 other concepts.

Stuff about the mod itself:

The mod is a PSEUDO-REALISTIC mod. So you are welcome to ask(/curse/send death-threats to) - me with "why does X-wonder does Y" as long as X-wonder existed. I probably have a reason for them all, but i'm not really that good at history, so please comment if you think smthing isn't right.

And you are welcome to comment any of the game's aspects, but please ask politely. (especially about the religious parts of the game) I am sure you will have quite a few questions about the effects of some religious wonders.
So ask before making accusations as i did not make this mod to insult anyone.

Here are some other minor changes you should know about my mod:

- You might want to read the civilopedias of some of the old buildings too, some are changed. (For example the Sistine Chapel can only be built by catholic civs)
- Civ-trophies: i made the civ-specific wonders Great Wonders, so that when you win a war with a civ, and you took the city it was in, the bonus will be given to you as a reward from destroying (sorta) that civ. So whenever you get the message "The X have beed destroyed by the rampagin Y forces" you might want to look at what civ-specific wonder X had to see what trophy Y got from the war.
- the Plague is stronger than usual, it even looks deadlier :mischief:
- the Erruption period is a lot shorter, so don't mess around volcanoes to much
- some of the civs' agressivness have been altered
- settlers and workers cost a lot more population (i hate it when the game gets bogged down by to many cities)
- worker jobs take longer to complete (especially clearing stuff)
- general corruption is increased a bit because there are more "2nd palace" type wonders
- every luxury and strategic resource permits the construction of at least 1 special building that REQUIRES THE RESOURCE TO BE IN THE CITY RADIUS. So keep this in mind when placing new cities.
- fortresses and fortifications are really pumped up ... i think they might be to powerfull now.
- espionage actions are significantly cheaper, hopefully you will use them more often
- i have added NEW MUSIC, so those of you who don't listen smthing else while playing you should turn that thing down kuz i worked my ass of to find & process the songs i added, so you BETTER listen to them and comment about 'em.
The expansion has brought these changes:
- a lot of wonders from the initial game are getting aditional effects. Here are some examples:
The Great Wall now spawns WallGuards, The Temple of Artemis spawns priestesses, Himeji castle spwans samurais etc.
- the Great Artist unit has been introduced: he will be auto-produced by several wonders. You should send him to your capital and trade him in diplomacy. If you have another civ's Great Artist you can use it to increase the culture of one of your cities through cultural exchange.
- the Great Architect unit: nothing too fancy. Disband him over a city and he will build any improvement in one turn.
- the Nomad Settlement resource will make things very intresting: you can have Nomadic Settlers who have hidden nationality ; that means you can build cities inside enemy territory, great for getting your neighbour's prescious resources
- the Islam religion has been split into Sunni Islam and Shi'a Islam
- all religions recieved an extra wonder
- the Crusades and Jihad recieved an extra wonder too
- a few super wonders were added
- most submarines now have hidden nationality to avoid the invisibility bug

Also, if you can play this mod in multiplayer, you should. It's a lot more fun against human players. :)

And if you have any suggestions for better graphics/units/stuff to replace the stuff i chose please fire away. There is quite a few room for improvement. :mischief:

Here is also a nice review that Mxzs wrote.

Well that's about all i had to say ...
Oh, one more thing, check the "Credits post" and rant if you are not on the list.

Patches Post

Download the patch HERE. Version 1.2x - 8.27 MB

Unzip this archive in your "Scenarios" folder. There, you should let them replace everything they want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reserved post.
Just in case.

But untill then, here's a pic of the ancient tech tree:

Thanks to:

It's in alphabetical order so that no one would get upset.
I don't like putting the beta-testers separately from the rest of the users, so they are here too.
Those that have texts are those that had a bigger "contribution". Those with worship smileys had a very direct contribution to the mod.

Heretic_Cata - for putting everything together and having crazy ideas :D

Aaglo
Aluminium
Amesjustin - for some important inspiring ideas, and for some of his resources
Ares de Borg - for his terrain of course :goodjob:
Azmorg
Azzaman333
BadKharma - for the awsome job making the tech-tree :worship:
BeBro
Bjornlo
Bluemofia - for making the Falxman more historicaly accurate :worship:
Commodore
Conquer_dude
Dom Pedro II
Embryodead
EolTheDarkElf - for the exemplary work...
Flamand
Gelion
Kairob
Keroro
Kinboat
King Coltrane - for making the Earthmap for my mod :worship:
Matteo773 - for the most feedback in beta-testing and most error-hunting
Mirc - for supporting my mod and my ideas from my start :)
Narz - for all the help ;)
Odintheking - for the divine weapon :worship:
Ogedei_the_Mad - for making beautyfull buildings
Padma
Plotinus - for having the patience to answer my silly questions :goodjob:
Quinzy - for his glorious tech icons :worship:
Rhye - for the second inspiring mod
Roman Legion - for making the units no one else wanted to make :worship:
Snakelover - for fixing the ugly splashes and the sounds :worship:
ShiroKobbure
Spacer One - for crashing things into mountains and deserts
Steph
Storm Grunt
Stormrage - for being nice and green :D
Supa
T.A JONES
Tenochtitlan - for a word
Thamis - for the first inspiring mod
Traianus - special thanx for making so many of my building requests :worship:
Ukas - for all the civilopedia icons he made
Utahjazz
Varwnos
Virote_Considon - for making a part of the units civilopedia and for feedback in beta-testing :worship:
William GBTW
Yorgos

And of course very special thanks go to:
Thunderfall - for making such a great forum
and
EVERYONE who played and liked my mod.

And of course all the other people who's stuff i "borrowed" and who's names i was to lazy to write down somewhere. If you see your work in my mod, please poke me and i'll add you to the list.

Ok, you can post now.

Dammit! I have to wait 8 minutes in the que line to download it, :gripe:.

Woo! It's finally ready (and no one's ever bowed to me before, :mischief: ). I'll be using alot of your ideas in my mod, especially the wonder and building stuff, :).

Mirc said:
:woohoo: It's finally here! :woohoo:

Felicitari!
Multumesc! :)
odintheking said:
Dammit! I have to wait 8 minutes in the que line to download it, :gripe:.
7 Minutes is the minimum wait time, from what i saw.
odintheking said:
Woo! It's finally ready (and no one's ever bowed to me before, :mischief: ).
:lol: Well, you deserve it this time. :D
odintheking said:
I'll be using alot of your ideas in my mod, especially the wonder and building stuff, :).
I'm glad to be inspiring. :)

Hi Heretic Cata,

finally your mod is there. :band: :dance: :bounce: :banana: Congratulations and thank you for the tons of work. :clap: :thanx: I did download it. The time is much too short to say anything about gameplay, but there are a lot of beautiful graphics in your mod :thumbsup: and the mod seems very interesting.

On a short testrun it seems, that the Christian Orthodoxism tech is missing and there are some minor glitches in the industrial Ages techtree. But I´m happy to play the mod when I have the time for it.

Civinator said:
Hi Heretic Cata,

finally your mod is there. :band: :dance: :bounce: :banana: Congratulations and thank you for the tons of work. :clap: :thanx: I did download it. The time is much too short to say anything about gameplay, but there are a lot of beautiful graphics in your mod :thumbsup: and the mod seems very interesting.
Thank you. :)
Civinator said:
On a short testrun it seems, that the Christian Orthodoxism tech is missing and there are some minor glitches in the industrial Ages techtree. But I´m happy to play the mod when I have the time for it.
Nope it's not missing. There are 6 mutually exclusive techs in the game. Every civ starts with ONLY one of them.
I think i know what you mean, so here is an example:

So Greece will always see the Ch. Orthodoxism tech.
Arabia will see the Islam tech INSTEAD of Ch. Orthodoxism.
England will see NOTHING in the place where Islam/Ch. Orth./others were... but instead they will see the Protestantism tech in the Second Age.
Greece & Arabia will see Nothing in the 2nd age where the Protestantism & Catholic Evangelism techs were for the civs that could see them.

If you mean the Steam Power tech, there was nothing that could be done about it, unfortunately. It would seriously unbalance the Jihad & Crusades if i toss the obsoletes around the tree.

Heretic_Cata said:
Nope it's not missing. There are 6 mutually exclusive techs in the game. Every civ starts with ONLY one of them. I think i know what you mean, so here is an example:So Greece will always see the Ch. Orthodoxism tech. Arabia will see the Islam tech INSTEAD of Ch. Orthodoxism. England will see NOTHING in the place where Islam/Ch. Orth./others were... but instead they will see the Protestantism tech in the Second Age. Greece & Arabia will see Nothing in the 2nd age where the Protestantism & Catholic Evangelism techs were for the civs that could see them.

I see :) . May be you could write in the tech advisor screen for the civs that can see nothing: Here is nothing to research for you :lol: .

Heretic_Cata said:
If you mean the Steam Power tech, there was nothing that could be done about it, unfortunately. It would seriously unbalance the Jihad & Crusades if i toss the obsoletes around the tree.

Yes, I meant this and the y-coordinates of some techs. But, like I said, this are only minor thingies. It seems that it´s a great mod.:)

If I download this, won't it replace all my other scenarios in the folder?

PS. I'm not the greatest computer genius off this age, so bear with me, if this is a stupid question:)

Nope, it won't. It will only replace stuff if there is already a file named "My Mod.biq" and a folder named "My Mod" inside the scenarios folder.

This is so cool!:woohoo:
I guess I'm going to have to wait a week or so for it...just like how I will wait several months until Warlords won't be considered "NEW" anymore...:evil:

Yes, you are probably thinking that I am a cheapscape, or however it's spelled...
Well, anyways, if the wait is too long, I'd go insane!:lol:

Damnit! This comes out and my internet is still broken. I'll have to try it as soon as my internet gets fixed.

:eek: It's a wav file, for the sounds the swordsman makes when you try to fortify him. I didn't know that the game exists if it doesn't find a wav file! :eek:

Top Bottom