Panther3 7 Aug '06

Wyrmshadow

Deity
What if for whatever reason Germany continued to produce the Panther tank after WW2. We still see T-55's in countries inventories that are constantly updated, why not something sligthly older, just remanufactured?

This is the heavily armored version in desert color with the armored side skirts and reactive armor.

Panther3

EuroPanther3

Unit of the Month, August 2006

Great job Wyrm on this sweet looking unit.

recon1591 said:
Great job Wyrm on this sweet looking unit.
DO NOT PUT THIS IN SOE DAMMIT!!!!

@aaglo: they are smoke grenades. Modern tanks have them as those little tubes on the sides of the turrets. They shoot out and make a large smoke screen to cover a retreat.

That attack looks vicious with that little 'dual shockwave', model is fantastic to say the least...

:thumbsup:

I had no plans to put it in SOE bud. If u wanted in there u would have posted it with the rest. And plus i saw where u wrote ( in the 50's ). LOL.

Actually this idea is not very far off the mark for realism. What about Isreal? They modified the hell out of their shermans, put 105mm guns on them, modified the tracks, better engines, more armor. Or what about the Chilean Shermans that served right up until the late 1980's with their 60mm Isreali designed hyper-velocity guns??

Very creative and an excellent animation (as usual). Although, if the Panther ever reached a version 3 (i.e. later than the Ausf. F) it would have almost certainly been fitted with the schmalturm and 88mm canon. Even so, I like this a lot :goodjob:

Oh, the schmalturm is on the E-50 and that will be in SOE. This has an even larger gun and comes much later.

Don't forget the T-34/85..... I've read that some were still in service as late as 1996. I think it would be cool to see a modernizedish T-34...

Cuba stuck some D-30 artillery pieces on theirs. If you want to find some OLD tanks still in use, look at the heavy equipement Yugoslavia used during their civil war. I mean T-34's, Hellcats, modifications, the works.

Top Bottom