TAM Mod Files for Mac C3C

dojoboy

Tsalagi
(1) Place the TAM 2.5 folder in the C3C Conquests folder located in the Conquests Game Data Folder.

(2) Place the .biq maps in the same C3C Conquests folder.

I started up a game and played several turns with no issues. Do note that the load tiime takes longer than a normal game.

And, not to hyjack your thread dojoboy, don't forget that TAM is available for us Civ 3 Vanilla users too. ;)

Linky

JoAT

sorry for the noob question, but what does TAM stand for -- what's unique about this mod? I've been fiddling with Rise and Rule 1.02 with mixed luck -- experienced one strange crash (not a standard CTD) -- the game locked-up big time when i clicked on the hyperlink in the Civilopedia for "iron" :)confused: :confused: ).

anyway, i'm trying to find a good, solid mod to play C3C with -- is there a consensus about which are best?

The Ancient Mediterranean Mod.

It's a completely reworked game: techs, units, rules, traits, etc. I like it.

dojoboy said:
The Ancient Mediterranean Mod.

It's a completely reworked game: techs, units, rules, traits, etc. I like it.

i see -- thanks! :)

dojoboy -- do you happen to know if Rhye's of Civilization works (or can be made to work) for mac? i downloaded it off of civfanatics, but unlike Rise and Rule, my Stuffit Expander won't open the Setup.exe for Rhye's - ?

If he doesn't make them available in a couple of days, post a request and I will try installing them on my PC and then transferring them to my Mac to upload. I have the d/l but haven't unpacked/installed it on my PC so I don't know if a simple transfer will work.

Well, last night I tried unzipping Rhye's on my PC and transferring it to my Mac. It plays fine on the PC; on the Mac I run into the faulty path errors AlanH and I, among others, have discussed elsewhere. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=178289
In this case the missing path is "Art\Units\..\..\..\..\..\Art\Units\Settler\settDefault.flc" *. Placing a copy of the settler folder in the Conquest Game Data\Art\Units\ data path does not correct the problem. So it looks like no Rhye's on Macs until we get an appropriate patch.

*for some reason the forum is inserting an erroneous space in "settDefault.flc". It does not appear as I edit the reply, only when I post it. This space does not exist either in the error message or in the file as I copied/installed it.

I'm sure there was one mod that required that I put a copy of the vanilla Art and Text folders into the top level Civ3 Complete folder, and I seem to recall it was Rhye's. Have you tried that?

AlanH said:
I'm sure there was one mod that required that I put a copy of the vanilla Art and Text folders into the top level Civ3 Complete folder, and I seem to recall it was Rhye's. Have you tried that?
The Paths i have to work with are:
1) Civ 3 Complete\Civilization 3 Game Data\art\units
2) Civ 3 Complete\Conquests Game Data\art\units
3) Civ 3 Complete\Play the World Game Data\art\units
4) Civ 3 Complete\Conquests Game Data\Conquests\named biqs & mod folders.
5) Civ 3 Complete\Conquests Game Data\Scenarios\named biqs & mod folders.

by vanilla Art, Text, (and Sound) do you mean those folders in the 1st choice? Do you suggest I try copying them as stand alone Art, Text, and Sound folders to the level that has the application itself, the 3 Game Data suddirectories. etc. ?
Do the folders/directories need to be renaimed?

pps: we probably ought to create a sticky post/forum of known solutions.

Blue Monkey said:
1) Civ 3 Complete\Civilization 3 Game Data\art\units

by vanilla Art, Text, (and Sound) do you mean those folders in the 1st choice?
Yes

Do you suggest I try copying them as stand alone Art, Text, and Sound folders to the level that has the application itself, the 3 Game Data suddirectories. etc. ?
Yes

Do the folders/directories need to be renaimed?
No.

pps: we probably ought to create a sticky post/forum of known solutions.
You create it, I'll stick it :D This one will only qualify if you get it working ;)

AlanH said:
You create it, I'll stick it :D This one will only qualify if you get it working ;)
That's my intent: Name of the mod; known solution; pointers to discussion, elsewhere; a library of how-to's only, no queries.

Top Bottom