XXL World

NeverMind

Proud to be Russian
XXL World
version 1.5

+ CIV 1.61-1.74
+ Warlords 2.13
+ BtS 3.19

This mod adds three map sizes - XXL (40x25), Gigantic (50x32) and Ultra (60x40) - with all 34 (up to 50) civs on the map. All standard map scripts are supported. Here is a comparative reference:

Note: Gigantic map generation takes some time, approx. 4-6 min for Pangaea 50x33 on P4-3000 1G RAM System. :crazyeye:

So, be patient! :D

Downloads: Vanilla || Warlords || BtS

Installation
- Unpack to [CIV path]_or_Addon\Mods
- GAME Menu: Advanced--Load a Mod--XXL World - Choose a map size - XXL, Giant or Ultra.
- or simply use .bat file inside the mod folder to launch the mod directly

Have fun! ;)

Strange question, why only those map scripts, is it something that must be custom coded for each map script.

No changes needed for Archipelago and Continents, and only a minor change - for Pangaea (grid_sizes). But as far as I tested only these maps and not being an expert in map coding, I excluded other scripts.

What about the other Mapsizes?
Do they work well with these gigantic map sizes?

Other Mapsizes? Well, to be honest, I didn't test them in this mod, but why they shouldn't work? :confused:

Anyway, XXL and Gigantic sizes work fine for sure. :king:

Sorry, thinking of one thing and posting the other ;)

I meant the map scripts.
Will XXL and gigantic work perfect with the "standard" map scripts?

markushumboldt, try it with WinRAR. It helps. ;)

Caesium said:
Will XXL and gigantic work perfect with the "standard" map scripts?

Other "standard" scripts should work, not directly, but after correcting "grid_sizes" for the new world sizes. I'm too lazy, so i just put tested scripts in PrivateMaps folder, and disable access to PublicMaps from this mod. :mischief:

Is there a way to check to see if you got all 24 civs on a map. Like I hit a key and it will say your playing 20 out or 24 players

F8 - Victories Screen - Conquest - Rivals left. :)

LuKo said:
It's takes long time to generate Gigantic map (about 10 min. on my PC), but it's great :) Anybody is making Europe or World map using Gigantic map?

Generation is only the first step. Try play it till Astronomy at least. I'm playing gigantic Continents, 24 civs. Now 1700 AD and my PC doesn't look very happy. ;) I'll post some statictic about this game later.

As for pre-made maps, you can find some really monstrous samples for you pleasure :D
Check this forum: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=175

Hi, and thanks for this mod, I like to play on big maps.
But here, I find the colors a litlle bizarre, dark. Is it right ?
And my one year old Vaio is definitely too weak.

Gr3yL3gion said:
Is there any way to install and work it in CustomAssets folder?
Yes. Move everything from the mod Assets folder to your CustomAssets. Then copy Pangaea.py from the mod's PrivateMaps to your "My Docs\My Games\Civ4"\PublicMaps. That should work, if you find it more suitable.

Mike.doc said:
Hi, and thanks for this mod, I like to play on big maps.
But here, I find the colors a litlle bizarre, dark. Is it right ?
And my one year old Vaio is definitely too weak.
No, I don't think it's ok. This mod does nothing with colors. :confused:
Are you sure your PC can handle these sizes? Don't press him too much ;)

hi everyone im creating the world map on gigantic .
ive had to chop off the north pole some of norway and north russia
this the first time ive tried creating a map from scatch(never mind this size)

Nice little mod.

I took your changes and hacked them into Sevomod 3, since I really prefer that to the base game.

It took 6 minutes to generate the world, no too bad. I'm running with a 1.3 Ghz processor, GeForce 2 graphics card, and now I have 1.3 Gigs of RAM ( I bought 1 Gig last week to play bigger Civ games).

However, when it took 3 minutes to fully load the Wheel tech summary screen, I realized I couldn't actually play this big of a game... yet anyway.

It looks like I'll have to further upgrade my hardware to play that most massive of maps, but good work on the mod.

Top Bottom