WW2 Boeng B-29 Superfortress strategic bomber

ArdRaeiss

Chieftain
WW2 era Boeng B-29 Superfortress strategic bomber.
From Wikipedia: "The B-29 (Boeing 341/345) was one of the largest aircraft to see service during World War II. It was one of the most advanced bombers of its time, featuring innovations such as a pressurized cabin, a central fire-control system, and remote-controlled machine gun turrets.
It was the primary aircraft in the U.S. firebombing campaign against Japan in the final months of World War II, and B-29s carried the atomic bombs that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki."
"Shortly after World War II, the Tupolev design bureau in the Soviet Union manufactured a near-copy of the B-29, the Tupolev Tu-4, based on reverse engineering of three interned early-model B-29s."
World largest WW2 bomber with simple texture.

Model: new, 1056 polys
Texture: new, 1 version(metallic "USA-like")
Animation: Civ4, use Bomber.kfm
Effects: Civ4
Sounds: Civ4
Scale: fscale=0.3-0.4
Icons: 2 versions.

ArdRaeiss said:
Planned - additional textures(Tu-4, USAAF), nuclear strike special animation(possible).

BB Jean Bart(Richelieu class) delayed - my final mesh was destroyed by 3ds MAX crush :(

That sucks, at least you got this great bomber out!

It is such good news and i would like to thank you for Boeing b-29 :)
It was on my to do list :) - now i can focus on one units less for mod :)

yeah it's real paiin in the ass with max's crushing - i save now in different files and quite often

It looks very nice, congratulations and thanks for this.

Any interest in doing an air transport, for example a C-47 Dakota, Junkers Ju-52, or C-130 Hercules?

It's all I need to add in Paratroops to a mod :)

Very good unit! thx

Chazcon said:
It looks very nice, congratulations and thanks for this.

Any interest in doing an air transport, for example a C-47 Dakota, Junkers Ju-52, or C-130 Hercules?

It's all I need to add in Paratroops to a mod :)

C-130 whould be great, I so need western transport plane vs IL76 in my mod!

You have an IL76 unit? That will work just fine!

Where can I download it?

Now all some-one needs to do is work out how to use it as a nuclear bomber... Perhaps have it as an air transport which drops the bomb as a cruise missile with limited range?

The best would be (i know i'm dreaming :) - i'm python and sdk ultra noob):

creating atom bombs - similliar to that dropped to hiroshima - i could make the model

when the bomb and the bomber will be in the same city - add ability to upgrade bomber with atom bomb - working similliar to transport operation - so the bomber could transport the bomb, mount or dismount it

With mounted bomb inside new operation appears - the abbility to drop the bomb - after wich is destroyed

for animation hide bomb in max in the midle of the model (so it's almost all time invisible) and after hitting "nuke" operation the bomb drops from airplane and make nice mushroom :) and bomber returns to base :) - similliar to the bomber animation -this civ4 avrolancaster contains bomb inside the model and after bombing operation it is dropped from airplane

Ok :) it would be wonderful but it needs godlike programer - someone like Lopez i think ;)

My mod already has this core functionality, all I would need to do is edit the bomber unit to make it a DOMAIN_LAND unit so it can be moved manually, make it able to carry a SPECIALUNIT_ATOM_BOMB, create an Atom Bomb unit that is destroyed on use.

Several known issues however are the fact that DOMAIN_LAND units are placed at ground level (haven't figured out that one yet) unless the unit art/animations themselves are edited to show the unit at altitude (this is how the Gunship unit works). I'm trying to find the code that elevates air units, when I do this will go away.

Also any unit with the Nuke capability has unlimited range - you would want the Atom Bomb unit to have a range of 0. Working on modding this too to give us a new iNukeRange tag or have a nuke use the existing iAirRange tag.

Classified! Must burn before open! Autorized personel only!

Our spy plane succesefully filmed test trials of new USA weapon - the atomic bomb!
Here you can see the result of trials:

This is a teaser of new effect - NuclearBomb and new skin for B-29 Nuclear Bomber.

creating atom bombs - similliar to that dropped to hiroshima - i could make the model
This will be good, because currently i don't want to make this bomb - i use modified BomberBomb.

Planned - additional textures(Tu-4, USAAF), nuclear strike special animation(possible).

NIce work on this. This would compliment my A-Bomb mod nicely, once I get it finished. :nuke:

WOW
Totally amazing

IMO it looks more like hydrogen bomb explosion (especially that blob on the first two pictures is characteristical for h-bomb explosion) but it's beuatiful :)

nuclear launch detected ;)

WOW
IMO it looks more like hydrogen bomb explosion (especially that blob on the first two pictures is characteristical for h-bomb explosion) but it's beuatiful :)

Bravo! ;) :lol: :nuke:

Do you know how to make new effects? I didn't made any cause i don't know how to make fire in max :) - I consider making H-Bomb Explosion with this characteristical blob - lasting longer than in a-bomb (using modified atom bomb explosion) :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3oBtxIWr4M
:)

I'll prepare model of A-Bomb ASAP - maybe today afternoon (GMT +1)

Do you know how to make new effects? I didn't made any cause i don't know how to make fire in max :)
Partyally. Today i will try to make another new effect(aircraft laser machinegun :) ), then i make the tutorial about this.

I consider making H-Bomb Explosion with this characteristical blob - lasting longer than in a-bomb (using modified atom bomb explosion) :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3oBtxIWr4M
:)
Tnx for link. This one looks exactly like ingame ICBM - The Tzar Bomb(50 Mtonnes, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16cewjeqNdw)

I'll prepare model of A-Bomb ASAP - maybe today afternoon (GMT +1)
Ok, pm me. My time is GMT +3.

The Tzar Ivan was real huge and destructive :)

and here is also good known A-Bomb - Little Boy

ArdRaeiss - I send you a post with "unit"
it will also be shared in weapons and equipment pack part 03 soon

I think it would be cool to have a B-29 Superfortress able to drop nuclear weapons before the ICBM comes on the scene in MaxRiga Mod. Any plans to do a Russian version? What is the Russian counterpart to the B-29 Superfortress. Healz.

Top Bottom