Kara Class Missile Crusier

vingrjoe

Landlocked Shipwright
My latest unit is the Soviet Navy's Kara class missile crusier, or as the Russkies put it, Bol'shoy Protivolodochny Korabl' (BPK- Large Anti-Submarine Ship).

There are no sounds included ATM, so the INI sound paths are blank. Hopefully, I or someone with ambition, will get some sound effects made for this. I got kind of lazy with this unit, as there is only one one attack, and no fidget. I also recycled the Death pyrotechnics as well as the AttackA effects (with a little tweaking) from my Kresta I cruiser. Only so much I can do with a ship that can fire it's main armament in only one direction, as far as the Attack animation goes.

Version 1.0 (12-28-06):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=3885&act=down

Attachments

• Kara 01.gif
    Kara 01.gif
    139.2 KB · Views: 1,170
Drivebymaster,

I was having trouble uploading the gif to imageshack and my own webspace, so I ended up loading it up to the server here.

Vingrjoe, the usual superlatives from me.

Another question, which I think I already know the answer to.
After looking at generic .ini files, is the bombard graphic of any ship the attack A graphic?

It would be nice to have the ability to have the bombard different, especially on ASW ships like this, but I don't think it is possible with this game engine.

Excellent Red vessel and a fine addition to the fleet against which we serve. ;)

Very high quality! :goodjob: Thanks for the excellent unit!

Vingrjoe, the usual superlatives from me.

Another question, which I think I already know the answer to.
After looking at generic .ini files, is the bombard graphic of any ship the attack A graphic?

It would be nice to have the ability to have the bombard different, especially on ASW ships like this, but I don't think it is possible with this game engine.
Nice job once again VJ. I_Batman you are right on the bombard unlike aircraft ships use the Attack A

Yes, it is too bad there wasn't an option to have a seperate animation for bombard. I guess it's another overlooked option with regards to Civ3 modding.

any chance of the new US stealth ship ?

any chance of the new US stealth ship ?

... Or the old, never-deployed "Arsenal Ship"? :joke: *sigh* just an old fixation of mine.

Genuinely, all I really care about is that you keep making these beauties in your virtual shipyards.

Best,

Oz

I recall that he does have a list of ships that are possibly to be constructed.

Neither of those was on the one I saw.

Is there a Sovremenny on that list?

I suppose there may have to be. I've seen alot of requests for that destroyer in the last half year.

I've been working on a new South Dakota class battleship model lately. That is, until I sat down and learned to play my new game Pacific Storm. Anyone who is a fan of Naval Combat, should definately check the game out. It is a strategic RTS, tactical RTS, and loose flight sim all in one game. There is a new expansion pack coming out in the next few months that improves on the gfx, damage model and other aspects. Not to mention including new sides to play:Germany and England.

The South Dakota news is most pleasing.

Top Bottom