Archadean Air Dreadnought (17 MAR 07)

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
I've finally gotten my most complex and involved unit since the Land Battleship I made 2 years ago done. This is also the first airship I've done in over a year as well.

Anyways, this is one of the Air Dreadnoughts from the recently released Final Fantasy XII RPG, but it could also be concievably used in a number of other sci-fi mods as a heavy starship.

I've also made custom sounds for this unit, and all in all, I'm quite pleased with it.

Preview: (Default, Fidget, Run, Fortify, Attack A, Attack B, Attack C, Defend, Victory, Fortify, Attack A and Death):

Download

Enjoy!

Oh.
your.
God.

Excelent! I mean wow. I mean whee! I mean... very good Hikaro.

Fantastic unit Hikaro. Matches the chrome tone of Bhitta's Mechwalker. Are you still using that as the Magitech Armor in the mod btw? Thats a good unit.

Currently, yes... However, as soon as I can cook up some sounds for Wyrm's EU Battlewalker, that will be replacing it, mainly due to the fact that (A) it looks more like the Magitek armor in its overall shape (only not as organic), and (B) it looks cooler.

Glad you guys liked it... It only took me about 3 weeks to do this sucker... I was expecting to be running to the wire to get it done before the end of March. :lol:

Odin: the fighters didn't take too long to make... all they are is 1 sphere (nose/forward fuselage), 1 cylinder (the rear fuselage), and two cone/sphere combos (wings and tail fin), add another sphere with my patented rocket engine texture, group, and dupe it 5 times.... They weren't too hard to animate, either, as long as you kept track of where they were at (so no collisions resulted), and did one entire side first, recording the key frame settings, then duplicating (and mirroring where necessary) the coordinates and such for the other side.

Amazing detail!

I've been watching the preview thread for a while, and now it is finished!

As others said, definitely a jaw-dropping unit. Incredible.:goodjob: :)

Makes for sexy... I don't know how else to put it. I think this is the best airship you've done... All of the sudden I want to see that battle it out with NavyDawg's space cruiser.

HT,
Really nice job with the model and anims. Are you using this is a sea unit? Can sea units use defend?

It will be a land unit with Airdrop, Rebase and Recon abilities, radar, bombard, blitz, ranged attack, and treats all terrain as roads.... that has 25 att, 29 def, 30 bombard 3 bombard range and a cost of 200 shields.

The fighters not only file out of the hangar, but file back in, AND disperse when the mothership is knocked out...

Wow, it's like, Steampunk Homeworld. Really, Civ 3 now has a true arsenal of airships, for all your steampunk war cravings. This is great, you should be happy with this, it's one heck of a unit.

Suffice to say, :thumbsup:
Man do I want to get back to my yards...

Thanks, Orthanc, Beboy...

Orthanc, you should be proud: Your Ragnarok Spaceship (which has the same shield cost, but an att of 30 and def of 24) is the only unit (aside from summons and the Makou cannon) in the FF mod that could easily stand up in a 1 on 1 fight with this thing.

Hi Hikaro, as the others have said this is a really impressive piece of work. I've followed the progress thread, and you've put loads of work into it, it's turned out great. The fighters are fantastic, even though you say they were fairly easy to do. Is there any chance you could release the fighters on their own sometime, just flying some simple formations?

Top Bottom