Nice Mines

ahenobarb

Warlord
Continuing a discussion from Apolyton, let face it Mines are ugly and mining grassland makes your territory look like a disaster area. So I have switched the graphic to look like a city suburb instead of a mine (which makes more sense anyway than "mining" grassland). Here's a screenshot.

Attachments

• terrainbuildings.pcx
    25.2 KB · Views: 7,737
I Don't know if you can see the screenshot, so here it is again.

Attachments

• screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 23,133
i like it alot - though the worker kind of loks like godlizza running through a small japanese city now, since he is so much bigger than the "suburbs" - but still a great improvement over the standard graphics

Does this only change the mine pcx?

@kring
If you have modified pics of:
- fortress
- colony
- barbarian hut
then it will be overwritten too.

But you can download this file and put only the wanted pic (mines) with a graphic programm like "Micrografx Picture Publisher" in your existing file.

Originally posted by CCJ39
@kring
If you have modified pics of:
- fortress
- colony
- barbarian hut
then it will be overwritten too.

But you can download this file and put only the wanted pic (mines) with a graphic programm like "Micrografx Picture Publisher" in your existing file.

Thank you. I do have the modified fortress, barbarian hut, goody hut.

Hmmm, maybe I'll put together a fusion package that includes the modified forts and huts and stuff.

If you made one already Kring, please post it here, since everyone can benefit.

Originally posted by ahenobarb
OH, NO!!! GODZIRRA! WE MUST FLEE!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rook out rook out !!!!! here comes mofra!

:rolleyes: (groan)

:lol:

ahenobarb,

your mine is nice, only one problem.
it overlaps most of the hills and mountains making very hard to distinguish them.

anyways i also made a mine replacement.
stolen a pretty factoy from kuratko's railroads/highways graphics (R) and put it in as mine.
it could be nice for those playing a post-industrial era scenario.
(factories are a bit strange in 3000 bc :) )
IMO it looks much better than the original mine and is not overlapping any terrain.

and a mine entrance graphic on a grassland/desert/tundra looks also quite strange isn't it ? ;)

Attachments

• factory-mine.zip
    18 KB · Views: 1,047
Kettyo, thanks for the note. I tired to leave some empty space, so you could see through it to the terrain. Also, I tried to make a graphic that would not look out of place in any era. Tough criteria.:D

The more the merrier.

can anyone give me step by step instuctions on how to install these mines.
it keeps coming up as a bmp file which doesn't work
does anyone have the pck file don't tell me to change this file to pcx treid it already

the mines keep coming up as goody huts
by the way it looks prett swet with the new graphics

Originally posted by van winkle
can anyone give me step by step instuctions on how to install these mines.
it keeps coming up as a bmp file which doesn't work
does anyone have the pck file don't tell me to change this file to pcx treid it already

the mines keep coming up as goody huts
by the way it looks prett swet with the new graphics

Right-click the file above, "save files as" = terrainbuildings.pcx. Copy over your old terrainbuildings.pcx (after backing it up). All done, no .bmp file. That should do it.

Dose this only affect mines on grasslands?

Thanks for getting my back there CCJ39. It would be nice if you could get different graphics for different terrain types, or have the graphics updated for each era, but unfortunately, you can't.

Enjoy the graphic!:egypt:

Top Bottom