Mediterranean, Europe and North Africa by Kulade

kulade

Deity
It's been a while since I've posted here, but I've oh-so-recently completed a map of the Mediterranean that I would like to share with you. The map is slightly tilted so you can circumnavigate both Britain and (semi-circumnavigate) Arabia without all that pesky African desert of endless eastern steppes. It gives you plenty of room for a Seleucid or Persian empire as well as possibly Aksum. The recourses are somewhat realistically placed, but I ultimately aimed for gameplay over realism.

I'm confident with my design of the east, but I may go back and revamp Europe in the future, but what do you think?

Its 160x160, standard huge size.

Spoiler :

Here it is.

Or... scroll down to post 7 for Hooray's 130x130 .biq version of this map!

Wow, great timing. I was just thinking I needed a map like this and was going to start making one myself. Looks like you saved me the effort. You have my thanks, kulade.

HAWT DAMN! This is sweet. I love it, and I haven't even played it yet. Perfect. I am sooooooo happy that Persia's on there, even possibly Aksum.

Thank-you, kulade man.

Why thank you two for your feedback; it is such a pleasure to please!

:D

Well, this is a good map and I enjoyed using it for a while. Alas, that does not change the fact that my computer can't handle Huge maps very well. With your permission, kulade, I'd like to make a Large (130 x 130) version of this map (also it'll be a .biq).

Sure you can! :D Just let me link to it from here when you are done.

I finished the map. It doesn't really deserve its own thread, so I'm posting it here. My version is certainly not identical to yours, kulade, but it's pretty much the same.

An image of the minimap and a zip file containing the map should be attached:

Attachments

• hooraymedmini.PNG
    hooraymedmini.PNG
    31.1 KB · Views: 407
  • Mediterraneanhooraykulade.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 319
Top Bottom