Indian Tulwar Warrior

odintheking

Lighting the way...
So I was going on a date today, but unfortunately she couldn't go, so I used my newfound glorious free time to finish up this guy. Requested by Rob (I think?) and used for India. Uh... I don't know much about this guy, only that he was easy to put together, and the design on his shield is what these dudes actually used(!) back then. The blue ring on the shield and the blue stripe on his dhoti(?) are civ colored. Enjoy.

BTW, I think all the post work I did (pedia pics, making the preview, etc.) took longer than animating this guy!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MY AWESOME (UPDATED) UNIT!!!

That's a great-looking unit and I know it will get a lot of use. I hope you don't get into the habit of making units when you should be going on dates though.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MY AWESOME UNIT!!!

No false modesty here!

That looks really good. He also looks like he matches up closely with the wonderful new worker that Plotinus made.

Well, I must admit that odin's preview gave me the idea for adapting Kinboat's Turban 2 figure in the same way to create a slightly different looking turban(and for making the dhoti out of a loincloth, although that part looks different). Odin is a very cunning modeller.

Yay, a unit for subcontinental india! Any ideas on when a "Tulwar Warrior" might have shown his face historically?

BTW, I think all the post work I did (pedia pics, making the preview, etc.) took longer than animating this guy!

Does that mean that ur really good on making animations or really bad on making the pedia, preview, 32pcx :p

The unit is really good and im pretty sure you made many people happy with giving them this unit.

That's a great-looking unit and I know it will get a lot of use. I hope you don't get into the habit of making units when you should be going on dates though.

Haha. Yeah, well I guess it was kind of my fault. I kind of arranged it last minute, and in the end she couldn't go. I should try this "planning" thing my friend keeps telling me about. It sounds promising...

No false modesty here!

That's me!!!!!

Well, I must admit that odin's preview gave me the idea for adapting Kinboat's Turban 2 figure in the same way to create a slightly different looking turban(and for making the dhoti out of a loincloth, although that part looks different). Odin is a very cunning modeller.

Woah. That was unexpected. Ha, actually, I thought I got the turban idea from one of your units! Funny, isn't it?

Yay, a unit for subcontinental india! Any ideas on when a "Tulwar Warrior" might have shown his face historically?

Uh, I had that same question when wondering what category to put it under. The tulwar is actually the sword he uses (well, he actually uses a machete prop, but no one has noticed...) and it originates from around the 13th century.

Anyways, as Stormrage pointed out to me, there is a slight twitch at the end of the attack animation (damn you keyframes!) so I'll try to get that ironed out tomorrow. Thanks for the comments, everybody!

I must be crazy to be posting at 3 A.M.! Anyway, excellent unit, Odin, great animations :goodjob: . It will come in very useful!

Haha. Yeah, well I guess it was kind of my fault. I kind of arranged it last minute, and in the end she couldn't go. I should try this "planning" thing my friend keeps telling me about. It sounds promising...

That sucks, hope it works out next time.

Don't worry about the date my friend, just tell her it was for a good cause...a hoarde of nerds were waiting on a unit for a game and were to giddy to wait any longer for it (actually, I didn't know you were making it, but SHE doesn't know that). ;)

By the way, the unit is beautiful! Looks really great, I think this would go good into the Rise of the Mughals scenario, but I doubt they're still updating that, no?

Top Bottom