A Few Questions on Cultural Victory

ATopic22

Clan SPADE Captain
I was just wondering what the requirements for a cultural victory are on quick speed compared to normal speed and how much culture i have to raise. I read that in normal speed i have to have 3 cities with culture of 50,000 or more which add up to 150,000 points and i was wondering if this could be subsituted with your whole empire wholding a total of 150,000 points instead of individual cities. Lastly I want to know if there are any positive effects of making multi different temples in cities that have a state religion.

For Example: My current state religion is polyetheism however i have also founded christianity. My city has a state relgion of poly and has built a hindu monestary and temple. However since it founded christianity i have the option of also making christian temples and monestarys. What effects will this give to my civ if any if i make multi religion temples when im not using a Free Religion Civic.

Also if i use FREE RELIGION will i be able to get the effects of all the different religion temples.

I can't recall the requirements for quick off the top of my head. 30000 per city perhaps( seems a little too high). It must be in 3 cities not all your cities, and more temples means more culture and happiness under any state religion even if they're not the same

I was just wondering what the requirements for a cultural victory are on quick speed compared to normal speed and how much culture i have to raise. I read that in normal speed i have to have 3 cities with culture of 50,000 or more which add up to 150,000 points and i was wondering if this could be subsituted with your whole empire wholding a total of 150,000 points instead of individual cities. Lastly I want to know if there are any positive effects of making multi different temples in cities that have a state religion.

For Example: My current state religion is polyetheism however i have also founded christianity. My city has a state relgion of poly and has built a hindu monestary and temple. However since it founded christianity i have the option of also making christian temples and monestarys. What effects will this give to my civ if any if i make multi religion temples when im not using a Free Religion Civic.

Also if i use FREE RELIGION will i be able to get the effects of all the different religion temples.

Your state religion can be Hinduism, but if you found Christianism and construct a Christian Temple/Cathedral/Monastery it'll have the same effect. Remember that in real life some countries have Christianism as state religion, but some people believe in Buddhism :goodjob:

so this will increase my culture but then why in civiliopedia it says you get the effect if its state religion and i wasnt asking if each city had to have this ammount i was asking if your empire could have a combined amount of 150,000 for normal mode

You can't substitute the culture of your empire for individual cities; on standard maps, you must have three cities, each with 50,000 culture, not an empire with 150,000 culture.

Not sure what you mean by the civilopedia, but temples and cathedrals give culture regardless of the state religion. The state religion mosly impacts the religious Civic taken; so, if you have organized religion, cities that have the state religion get a production bonus. The production bonus occurs in a city if the city has the state religion, but does not depend on whether you founded the religion or if there are religious buildings. Similarly, a temple gives a happiness and culture regardless of what the state religion is.

Remember, you do not need a temple to 'have' the religion in a city.

Breunor

so this will increase my culture but then why in civiliopedia it says you get the effect if its state religion and i wasnt asking if each city had to have this ammount i was asking if your empire could have a combined amount of 150,000 for normal mode

oh yeah, i forget. to cathedral gaves +1 :) it needs to be from your state religion.

Top Bottom