Laser Destroyer

GeneralMatt

Emperor
Just a fantasy unit kind of, but I like the looks of it. :p

It unfortunately does not fire a laser beam, I would have no idea how to animate it, but it does include two "Laser" turrets that move and a few other things I thought would look cool. (and futurish)

Anyways, as I noted in the download you may want to make it a bit smaller scale wise than the Missile Cruiser, but experiment yourself.

Animations are included.

Download

I was hoping to attach the thing from the Mech Inf for the laser but I couldn't figure out where it was in the Mech inf Nif...

Does it have actual firing animations, i.e. sound, effect, the whole thing?

If it does then to get lasers you could simply replace the existing effect with laser effect using XMLs although then all the "ship firing" effects will become laser effects. To do it only for the ship you'd have to do some hex editing of the KF files but it's not too difficult.

Yeah, it uses the Missile Cruisers animations.

So that is what the effects are.
Would you be willing to explain about hexediting the kf's? I would love to learn how.. But if you can't I wil give a look myself.

Thanks for bringing hope for it yet. ;)

Yeah, it uses the Missile Cruisers animations.

So that is what the effects are.
Would you be willing to explain about hexediting the kf's? I would love to learn how.. But if you can't I wil give a look myself.

Thanks for bringing hope for it yet. ;)
I'll write up a quick tutorial on that.

Thanks! I took a quick look, but all I ever came up with were unusable kf's.

Just reading, thanks!

Ok, thanks to Rabbit, White, this now has laser animations which are a custom effect. It is not perfect but does look cool.
I am updating the first post.

Ok, thanks to Rabbit, White, this now has laser animations which are a custom effect. It is not perfect but does look cool.
I am updating the first post.
Awesome, glad to see it worked out. :goodjob:

Btw, what did you use for the effect? 'Cause the Mechanized Infantry has a pretty decent laser-like effect.

I took the one the Mech Infantry uses (The machine guns) imported into blender, stretched some and doubled it up (As each turret has two barrels) and coloured it red..

I took the one the Mech Infantry uses (The machine guns) imported into blender, stretched some and doubled it up (As each turret has two barrels) and coloured it red..
Good stuff. You should put a new screenshot up, one where you can see the lasers' fire. :D

There is, check the second pic. :p

There is, check the second pic. :p
Hehe, I didn't see it because adblock blocked that pic from showing in the post, since it has "Ad" in it :crazyeye: you should be careful with how you name your files ;)

But anyway I saw it by doing quote on your post and "manually" extracting the image's URL, looks very cool :goodjob:

Actually it adds an extension to the end when you upload it in the download area.. some are VN5 etc.. So that wasn't my doing. :p

Anyways I am glad you think it looks cool.. :)

Top Bottom